Domtar makes products that people around the world rely on every day. We design, manufacture, market and distribute a wide variety of communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and airlaid nonwovens. At Domtar you can expect more than just a job. We offer opportunities on which you can truly build a career.
The Kamloops Pulp Mill is currently recruiting for a MAINTENANCE PLANNER
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with Electrical and Instrumentation expertise who is looking to gain valuable experience in planning and scheduling for multi-trade crews within a multi-trade work environment. The successful candidate will report to the Planning Superintendent.
Striving to improve maintenance productivity through effective planning and scheduling of activities and resources, this position will focus on continuous improvement to design and implement excellent planning and scheduling practices for preventative, predictive, routine, and planned outage maintenance work.
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Planning work orders;
- Identifying safety and environmental requirements;
- Establishing work methods;
- Identifying resource requirements;
- Estimating costs of jobs
- Checking availability of workforce;
- Materials refurbishment planning;
- Occasional relief for E/I supervisors.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong Electrical and Instrumentation skills and background. Red seal certification and dual tickets considered an asset. Preference given to candidates with electrical experience;
- Proven organization skills and detail oriented;
- Demonstrated leadership abilities along with excellent communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize effectively and manage multiple tasks;
- Working knowledge of budget and accountability processes;
- A team player who can maintain effective working relationships with other personnel including trades, peers, superiors, vendors, etc.;
- Committed to best practices in health, safety and environmental management;
- Self-motivated, open-minded and results oriented;
- Proficient with computers including experience in working with a computerized maintenance system (SAP).
The mill is located in Kamloops, British Columbia. Kamloops is BC's Friendliest City and Canada's Tournament Capital! Close to 95,000 people reside in this beautiful community that has a lifestyle like no other with 82 parks, over 200 lakes within an hour’s drive, close access to two ski hills and 13 diverse golf courses. The City is vibrant & growing fast, offers an extensive variety of services, businesses, leisure facilities and outdoor activities.
- Competitive compensation including an annual incentive plan;
- Flexible Insurance plans (medical, dental, life);
- Company-funded pension plan;
- Paid vacation/holidays;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Employer-supported development and continuing education.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We invite women, first nation people, and members of visible minorities to apply.
Thank you for applying. Please note only selected candidates for an interview will be contacted.