Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and absorbent hygiene products. With approximately 10,000 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day.
Domtar is seeking safety-oriented individuals to join our team as Journeymen Millwright at our Nekoosa, Wisconsin paper mill.
- Considers safety first, for self and others, in every task and situation
- Troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Complies with all Mill policies and procedures
- Maintain highest level of housekeeping standards for the facility
Education & Related Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must hold a valid journeyman card, indicating successful completion of an accredit apprenticeship program
- Experience working in a paper mill preferred, but not required
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to read diagrams and schematic drawings and service manuals to determined work procedures
- Operate rigging equipment to pick and place machinery and parts
- Service and repair hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Must possess or be willing and capable of learning and utilizing secondary maintenance skills such as pipefitting, machinist etc.
- Experience with equipment associated with a pulp and paper operations such as pumps, laser alignment, gearboxes, bearings, motors, etc.
PLUS: Must be willing to meet the following requirements:
- Available to work varying hours that my include shift, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime and respond to emergency call-ins
- Pass Pre-employment background check & drug screen
- Wear required personal protective equipment
- Work in industrial conditions (i.e. warm/hot, dusty/dirty, around hazardous chemicals, noise, and heavy machinery or working at heights with proper safety training and safety protection)
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, paid Vacation & Holidays, 401K with Company Match
Applications will only be accepted on line at: www.Domtar.com/careers.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.