Data Reporting Analyst, Health & Welfare
Position title: Data Reporting Analyst, Health & Welfare
Location:Fort Mill, SC or Montreal
Reports to: Zehra Hudson
Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and absorbent hygiene products. With approximately 10,000 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day.
Based in Fort Mill or Montreal and reporting to the Sr. Manager, Health & Welfare, the incumbent will be part of our Benefits Centre of Expertise and contribute by transforming data into information that can be utilized to help make business decisions and actions related to benefit programs. The incumbent will act as an expert by providing accurate, timely, and consistent information that tells the story behind the raw data - financially and operationally - to non-technical audiences seeking opportunities to improve organizational performance.
- Builds and manages spreadsheets used to create routine and ad hoc reports derived from vendors' data sources; builds queries using multiple data sets. Analyzes reported results using statistical techniques; identifies patterns or trends from complex, integrated data from disparate sources.
- Routinely gathers information from internal and external data sources; validates data anomalies. Organizes and manages the data while maintaining its security.
- Interprets and articulates data findings into meaningful business context. Develops presentations, graphs, and charts that communicate to non-technical audiences the story behind the data. Develops and maintains dashboards of key performance metrics.
- Keep abreast of the goals of the department and organization as they evolve. Collaborates with other internal partners to find improvement opportunities in gathering and reporting data within the organization.
- Performs ad hoc research and analysis projects.
Key Skill Sets:
- You are familiar with U.S. and Canadian Laws and Regulations related to use and management of health and welfare data;
- You have an understanding of health and welfare claims and expense data;
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts, applications and tool-sets.
- Have strong project management skills and analytical capabilities;
- Are multi-task oriented in a fast paced environment with excellent planning and organizational skills, and attentive to details;
- Possess strong advisory skills in order to resolve problems and be client centric;
- Have excellent communication skills in English (writing, presentations, etc.) and French (if position is in Montreal)
- Demonstrate teamwork skills and ability to collaborate with internal partners;
- Demonstrate initiative and good judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, statistics, or mathematics or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant experience in data analytics in a multi provincial and/or state environment (advisory role, analyst, project management) within a consultancy, a corporate office or a multinational company.
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced proficiency in Excel.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.