Domtar Inc., Dryden Operations, is currently seeking an individual to become part of our leadership team. Reporting to the Maintenance & Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for providing strategic leadership to the maintenance teams, managing the predictive/precision maintenance systems to optimize equipment reliability and ensuring cost effective maintenance service delivery. A progressive community set between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay, Dryden offers excellent recreational, fishing and outdoor activities.
More specifically, you will:
- Ensure safe behaviours and efficient operation of crew and facilities while supporting and developing frontline leaders reporting to this position.
- Optimize the predictive/precision maintenance systems through the use of maintenance best practices.
- Establish strategic priorities by partnering with operations, maintenance, and technical departments.
- Engineering degree, Journeyman status in a trade or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing operation.
- Leadership skills that include a proven ability to coach and develop team members to a higher level of performance.
- Demonstrated planning, organizing and problem solving ability.
- Knowledge of industrial safety procedures and regulations.
- Strong communication skills: written, oral and listening.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with operational teams.
- You possess excellent computer skills with computer-based maintenance software systems.
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider joining our Team. Please apply online and attach your cover letter and resume.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.