Mechanical Reliability Engineer
Domtar Paper Company, LLC is a Fortune 500 company that manufactures uncoated freesheet paper, market and fluff pulp, and adult incontinence products. Johnsonburg Paper Mill manufactures different grades of paper including Husky, Lynx, and Xerocopy. Johnsonburg Mill, located in Johnsonburg, PA has an opening for a Reliability Engineer.
The Reliability Engineer will provide support for the needs of the business in the maintenance reliability function. This support includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Identify & implement improvements in process & equipment reliability across the Mill by working closely with operations & maintenance personnel.
- Provide maintenance engineering, technical assistance & reliability leadership/support.
- Coordinate & supervise both Mill & contract personnel as needed.
- Serve as a key interface for Reliability improvement by reviewing equipment history & performing failure cause analysis.
- Review existing preventive maintenance processes for value to the maintenance effort & propose changes as necessary to improve the reliability of the assets.
- Guide efforts to maintain and/or improve reliability of plant equipment and processes.
- Define, develop, administer and refine the equipment asset care, condition monitoring and preventative maintenance programs.
- Support Maintenance teams: Help resolve technical issues or repair procedures as required; precision maintenance direction; Failure Elimination, RCFE Facilitation.
- Execute outage work/projects as assigned
The Reliability Engineer’s responsibility is to maintain and improve the reliability of our manufacturing operations by eliminating production limiting failures from our process and increase the life of our assets. The reliability engineer will partner with operating, maintenance, engineering, purchasing and mill leaders to realize improved reliability in all process areas.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- Minimum of 2 years in a continuous process industry
- Rotating equipment troubleshooting aptitude
- Some Experience in utilizing reliability systems, methods and processes
- Knowledgeable in using SAP PM Applications or ability to learn
- Must have good interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to interact at all organizational levels
- Be highly motivated, innovative and results oriented
You must successfully complete a selection process that may include, but is not limited to, interviews, aptitude tests, criminal background investigation, references verification and pre-employment drug-screening.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Applicant must have the legal right to work in the United States. The company does not offer work visa sponsorship for this role.