Temporary Human Resources Generalist
The Kamloops Pulp Mill is currently recruiting for a Temporary HR Generalist.
This position will be a 12-15 month term.
The successful candidate will report to the HR Manager, and will be responsible for pension, benefits, communications, HR paperwork and forms, safety administrative support, safety training and compliance tracking and support in other HR/Health & Safety related functions.
The HR Generalist will have the opportunity to:
• Support mill employees with pension and benefits questions. • Act as the Kamloops Domtar OurDESC liaison with HR Paperwork and support to employees.
• Manage and create mill communications. Manage monitors’ communication.
• Offer administrative support to the Health & Safety Department
• Offer support to the Schedulers and the Payroll department.
• Participate in various mill committees and support engagement initiatives.
• Support the rest of the HR team in their daily routine and projects (recruitment, benefits & pension, employee relations, etc.)
• Work with the Nurse and the Health & Safety department to coordinate and promote site wellness activities including annual health screenings, flu shots, fitness reimbursement, etc.
• Successfully complete all other duties and assigned projects necessary to support plant operations.
The candidate must possess:
• A strong interest in pension and benefits.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong interest in other people and acting as supportive role.
• A strong computer system aptitude and ease working with various type of software including Microsoft Office Suite products.
• You are known for your learning abilities and interest in acquiring new skills and for your team work, friendly, and positive demeanor and professional image.
• A strong verbal and written communication skills and good organizational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines
The mill is located in Kamloops, British Columbia. Kamloops is BC's Friendliest City and Canada's Tournament Capital! Close to 95,000 people reside in this beautiful community that has a lifestyle like no other with 82 parks, over 200 lakes within an hour’s drive, close access to two ski hills and 13 diverse golf courses. The City is vibrant & growing fast, offers an extensive variety of services, businesses, leisure facilities and outdoor activities.
•Company-funded pension plan
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We invite women, first nation people, and members of visible minorities to apply.
Thank you for applying at Domtar. Please note only selected candidates for an interview will be contacted.