Human Resources Generalist
Domtar Inc., Specialty Papers Division, Espanola Operations is currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join our team.
As an integrated mill, Espanola operates two pulp machines for making specialty hardwood and softwood pulps, and two paper machines that produce more than 300 different types of paper. The Espanola mill's competitive difference is people and technology. Espanola ranks among the most innovative mills in North America. The Espanola Mill is ISO 9001 certified. Our FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) chain of custody certification, along with ISO 14001, also places us in the North American forefront.
- Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, your role will be to provide HR expertise and assistance in support of the policies, strategies and direction of the Espanola site.
- Support the Human Resources Manager in all labor relations functions, including but not limited to: negotiations, grievance resolution, arbitrations, discipline and the administration of collective bargaining agreements. More specifically, you will provide HR Generalist support regarding labour relations, organization effectiveness, recruitment and staffing, disability management, performance management and feedback, employee relations, compensation, and benefits.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated commitment to work within and create a safe and healthy work environment.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Sociology or Organization Development coupled with a Minimum of 5+ year’s Human Resources experience, preferably in a manufacturing/paper mill setting.
- Of the 5 years, 3+ years working in a Human Resource role with a union employer; must have actively participated in negotiations, arbitrations and other employee relations cases.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities:
- Possess working knowledge of current Human Resources practices & techniques, and proven ability to effectively apply them in the workplace.
- Demonstrated high level of time-sensitive work prioritization, accuracy, organizational and communication skills.
- Advanced proficiencies in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); knowledge in Outlook preferred.
- Applicant must successfully complete a selection process that includes panel interviews, testing, background check and health assessment.
- Domtar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.