Domtar Addison Converting is seeking a skilled, safety-driven Maintenance Foreman to perform routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures on electrical and mechanical systems involving production equipment. Strong PLC background is strongly desired.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor your role will be an integral part of Addison’s maintenance team helping to attain safety, process reliability, and cost goals in all aspects of the site.
This role has a starting wage of $29.15/hour and the ideal candidate will be a succession candidate for the Maintenance Supervisor within 1 ½ - 2 years.
Working in a department of four, under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, you:
- Perform skilled and semi-skilled maintenance activities depending upon area of assignment including performing basic trade activities.
- Perform minor and major repair of all equipment as required.
- Perform compensated “on-call” support according to a rotating schedule.
- Direct two (2) maintenance employees in daily tasks and projects.
- Install/repair electrical wiring, equipment, and control circuits; new electrical services; replaces and repairs wiring, and faulty electrical equipment as needed, using DVM and other tools to diagnose electrical issues.
- Must have a strong understanding of LOTO and NFPA 70E standards and can apply these standards in the work situation.
- Maintain and repair a variety of hand and power tools ensuring they are in safe and efficient working order.
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures on mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts as required.
- May operate a computer which controls and monitors mechanical equipment and utility systems.
- Calibrate and repairs pneumatic systems and other mechanical systems on production equipment to assure optimum performance of that production process.
- Identify and implement any reliability opportunities to improve.
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly checklists on equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or another member of the leadership team.
- Demonstrate strong basic computer skills to utilize the maintenance work order and inventory system.
- Must have good communication skills to engage other employees, management and outside vendors while troubleshooting and distributing necessary information to others.
- Must be a Safety Champion for the site’s safety culture, processes, and protocols.
- Desired Experience: PLC, Print Reading, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Troubleshooting Skills, Multitasking Ability
- High school or equivalent
- Maintenance: 1 year (Manufacturing Setting Preferred)
- Limited travel – for occasional off-site training
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds on an occasional basis
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.