The Financial Analyst will report directly to the Mill Controller and is part of the Finance team at the Nekoosa Mill. This role is responsible for ensuring SOX and GAAP compliance while supporting the financial needs of the mill related to month end closing, budgeting & forecasting, capital projects, product costing and various ad hoc analysis.
- Responsible for financial entries, account reconciliations, variance analysis, and other various tasks required to ensure a timely and accurate month end close
- Partner with department leaders to provide financial data to help drive continuous improvement, capital project justifications, cost savings initiatives and other business needs
- Product Costing and Margin related analysis via Mill’s Standard Cost system
- Lead annual budget and quarterly forecasting process for areas supported – including fixed spending review, sales & production forecasting, labor, energy, raw materials, etc.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and analysis
- Support and assist in internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules, annual government reporting
- Complete various ad hoc analysis as requested by business areas supported or Mill Controller to help drive financial results
- Other Projects and Duties as assigned
- Demonstrate an above average understanding for processes and controls across finance and related support systems
- Self-starter with the ability to learn and grasp new concepts quickly
- Strong business acumen along with analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Desire to drive change and manage via systems
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization including listening, writing and presenting
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment meeting various deadlines and driving initiatives forward
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work along with strong time management and organization skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ Years of progressive accounting experience
- Previous Manufacturing experience with inventory costing preferred
- Above average ERP (SAP preferred) experience as well as strong excel skill
Apply online at www.domtar.com/careers
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.