Domtar is currently seeking a Process Specialist for the Fiberline area within the Pulp & Utilities Department at the Marlboro Paper Mill. The Marlboro Mill, which is located in Bennettsville, SC, produces approximately 750 tons/day of fine white paper and approximately 350 tons/day of bleached market pulp. The Pulp and Utilities Department includes both the Fiberline and the Recovery & Utilities areas. This position reports to the Fiberline Manager and has responsibilities as listed below.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Be an advocate for and an active member of the Pulp and Utilities management team.
- Support all operations and maintenance activities of the Fiberline area.
- Review daily operations strategies to insure that we are safely and efficiently meeting our goals.
- Help identify and participate in continuous improvement and reliability improvement activities.
- Review work orders and help to prioritize weekly planning and scheduling. Participate in the weekly planning and scheduling process for maintenance work.
- Work with department leadership to help plan the scheduled outages and react to unscheduled events.
- Participate in selection of contractors and monitoring of spend against budget.
- Help to monitor day to day maintenance and operational spending against budgets.
- Help to facilitate good communications between the rotating shift teams, day maintenance teams, contract maintenance teams, and day staff.
- Participate in trouble shooting efforts such as Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Participate in review of existing SOP’s, development of new SOP’s, and training of personnel as needed.
- Periodically fill vacancies for the Fiberline Manager.
Required Qualifications/Professional Experience:
- BS degree in Pulp and Paper, Chemical Engineering or significant years of operational experience related to Fiberline. We will accept applications from engineers with at least five years of appropriate experience.
- The candidate should be familiar with most operational aspects of the kraft pulping, brown stock washing, and bleaching processes.
- Safety and team oriented with a good work ethic, positive attitude, and the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Experience with SAP, Excel, Word, PI, PARCView, and Microsoft Projects is desirable.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.