Domtar Paper, the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer of uncoated freesheet paper in North America, has entry level production positions available at our Owensboro Converting site located in Owensboro, KY. We are seeking skilled individuals to operate our equipment, systems and processes. We offer excellent benefits including healthcare/life/vision/dental insurance, 401K match, tuition reimbursement, a climate-controlled environment, steady opportunity for overtime, etc.
Upon hire, qualified candidates will be required to safely perform the following: lift truck and paper roll clamp truck operation, preparing raw material (roll stock) for production, housekeeping, manage waste and scrap programs, assisting other team members and other general duties as assigned or required.
- Must proactively support efforts to assure a culture of safety excellence
- Must provide proof of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Must read, write, and understand English
- Must be willing and able to meet the demands of a 24/7 operation, including working 12-hour rotating shifts (7am-7pm and 7pm-7am). Upon being placed on a crew, you will work a Dupont schedule which includes a 7-day “long off” each month. Overtime opportunities are encouraged for continuous training and filling unscheduled tour vacancies.
- Industrial experience preferred; must have worked full or part-time for two years within the last four years.
- Good mechanical troubleshooting skills; basic computer and communication skills.
- Highly motivated, self-starter in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Able to frequently lift up to 30 lbs.; occasionally lift up to 60 lbs.
Must successfully complete a selection process that includes aptitude tests, board panel interviews, and employment background investigation; pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and fitness-for-duty test.
Progressive wage scale starting at $17.77 with the opportunity for overtime.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.