Process Engineering Specialist
Who is Domtar?
At Domtar, we’re driven to improve quality of life. With annual sales of US $5.5 billion, we make a wide variety of products that people around the world rely on every day, from copy paper to baby diapers. And how we do business is just as important as what we make. We’ve earned Great Place to Work Certification in the U.S. and a Forbes ranking as one of Canada’s Best Employers. Through our values of agility, caring and innovation, we constantly find better ways to champion health, dignity and comfort with our customers, colleagues and in our communities.
Who is Domtar Personal Care?
Personal care is not just our business. It’s Personal. It’s a child, a loved one; it’s often about those that can’t help themselves. Caring for them can only be personal. So Personal Care isn’t our category; it’s our calling, our mission. We imagine the solutions that make caring for babies’ skin, and preserving dignity and independence easier and more affordable for everyone. At Domtar, we believe everyone deserves personal care.
To be a global leader in absorbent hygiene by meeting consumers’ diverse needs through effective, affordable and widely available personal care solutions.
We champion health, dignity and comfort. We serve consumers and caregivers wherever they access personal care, through healthcare, retail and direct channels. We create value through our innovative solutions and achieve cost efficiency through operational scale, flexibility and the use of technology.
The Continuous Improvement Specialist is responsible for delivering process and product improvements through process changes and equipment upgrades, identifying and quantifying cost-savings and opportunities to reduce waste, increase capacity, and improve efficiency and operations performance, and driving a culture of continuously improving manufacturing utilizing Lean, Six Sigma concepts & principles. This position requires a technical leader that facilitates and drives change in a fast paced and ever changing environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal skills, technical knowledge and subject matter expertise and experience in Lean Six Sigma, adhesive and ultrasonic bonding systems, web handling, and process systems and methods, to successfully delivers projects leveraging cross-functional teams. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the organization at all levels and within all functions, creating value and buy-in as a key change facilitator within Business Support and manufacturing operations.
- Lead and support cross-functional teams to execute plant projects, including the installation, integration, startup, and validation of new equipment, materials and processes, in order to increase performance & capacity, reduce costs, create additional capability and improve quality and customer satisfaction.
- Plan, lead, coordinate and support material and equipment trials and process and equipment qualifications, including development and execution of IQ and OQ plans, management of change, safety impacts and risk management.
- Utilize Lean Six Sigma and statistical methods to analyze, quantify, and prioritize opportunities for selecting, scoping and prioritizing Continuous Improvement initiatives and focused improvement activities.
- Serve as subject matter expert in adhesives, ultrasonic bonding and web handling and other processes critical to quality and efficient machine operation.
- Provide technical support and guidance to Operations as a “last line of defense” to resolve process and equipment problems while coaching and mentoring operators, mechanics and E&I techs in order to build capability and knowledge base across the organization.
- Develop & carry out continuous improvement training for all employees in support of Lean initiatives. Work closely the Greenville team to ensure Lean, Six Sigma, and Best Practices compliance and implementation.
- Value Stream Map key product lines for driving cost improvements.
- Results-based leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others and maintain a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Experienced/demonstrated ability to solve problems systematically utilizing scientific methodologies and process focus.
- Expertise in adhesive systems, ultrasonic bonding and web handling processes
- Knowledge of audits, certifications, standards and process management related to manufacturing technologies, development and production, as well as, logistic processes.
- Technical Degree or process-related experience in our or similar industry
- Green Belt six sigma
- 5 to 10 years of professional work experience in a process technician or process engineering role
- 4 - 6 years of Continuous Manufacturing deployment and transformation experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Process Engineering
- Black Belt preferred
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.