Customer Care Representative
Ariva, a wholly owned and operated Domtar business, offers a spectrum of best-in-class solutions to help businesses communicate, collaborate and compete more effectively. Ariva builds on the rich heritage of the Domtar Distribution Group, Canada’s premier source for high quality paper, packaging and graphic supplies. But we’re much more than a paper distribution company.
Domtar is the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer of uncoated freesheet paper in North America and the second largest in the world based on production capacity. We believe sustainable operations are a crucial piece of our business strategy and another means of bettering our customer service and product offering. We play a major role in the communities in which our operations are located and are committed to being environmentally responsible. Ariva offers competitive compensation and benefits combined with several health and wellness programs.
Customer Care Representative – Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
The Ariva team has an immediate employment opportunity in its Dartmouth location for the position of Customer Care Representative . This position will report to the Branch Manager – Dartmouth.
This position is one that provides accurate, prompt service to customers and promotes increased sales. Ariva encourages the development and advancement of our employees. Future career opportunities in Sales and/or Management could become available to the successful candidate.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Process orders in an accurate and efficient manner. Resolve customer order problems with minimal supervision
- Maintain accurate records of all customer transactions and provide efficient follow-up
- Maintain high standards of telephone etiquette and promptness
- Attend product knowledge seminars and stay current on all company policies, business processes and integration with SAP
- Handle requests for quotations (internal and external), offer alternatives, negotiate cost and resale prices, inquiry follow-up and place orders
The Successful Incumbent will have:
- High School Diploma as a minimum, preferably a University degree
- 1-2 years related work experience is an asset
- Superior customer service and communication skills
- Business process knowledge
- Client-oriented with strong problem-solving, negotiation technique, listening, teamwork, detail-oriented and ability to maintain accurate record skills
- Aptitude / desire to branch out into Sales (once / if the opportunity becomes available)
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Respect for company values: agile, caring, and innovative
We appreciate the opportunity to review all resumes; however, due to volume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.