Shift Supervisor, Pulp
The Domtar Plymouth, NC Pulp Mill is currently searching for an experienced Operations Team Leader for our Fiberline department.
- Provides on-shift tactical leadership, to include:
- Shift decision making on rate and mill operations within operational boundaries established by Mill and Corporate leadership
- Facilitate “real time” troubleshooting efforts for the department
- Execute operating strategies
- Modify mill operations as conditions change in conjunction with appropriate leadership and on-shift resources
- Leads shift operator crews in a shift work environment
- Ensure all operators know and understand each day’s strategies
- Lead and facilitate a daily CI and/or Daily Management System meeting
- Addresses operator performance and accountability issues
- Ensure crew safety to include regularly scheduled meetings and daily discussions and interactions
- Ensure all safety incidents, including individual and equipment near miss situations are reported and thoroughly investigated
- Facilitate training and education – ensure operators are knowledgeable of their tasks and operations
- Sets and holds high work practice standards
- Exhibits a responsive attitude and seeks to make positive change
- Values and assures good housekeeping – on a daily basis
- Ensures department managers are notified during upset conditions or production disruptions
- Works a rotating, “southern swing” shift schedule
- Works to ensure safety, cost, quality and environmental compliance is considered in daily operations
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in a technical field is preferred. 10+ years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirement
- 5 years of manufacturing/production experience is required. Experience with department specific equipment is preferred.
- Exposure to CI or experience operating in an environment where CI is an integral part of the culture is desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, including setting expectations, confronting substandard performance where necessary, and past accomplishments
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills – particularly in a technical/operating environment
- Demonstrated experience safely leading teams in a collaborative manner
- You seek a role in a dynamic, continuous operating environment leading a crew of people to accomplish the business strategies
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.