Entry Level Engineer - Electrical/Mechanical
ENTRY LEVEL ENGINEER - Electrical / Mechanical
Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and airlaid nonwovens. With approximately 5,800 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day.
Through our values of agility, caring and innovation, we constantly find better ways to serve our customers, support our employees and strengthen our communities.
Domtar’s principal executive office is in Fort Mill, South Carolina and Domtar is part of the Paper Excellence group of companies. To learn more, visit www.domtar.com.
Domtar Paper in Nekoosa, WI has an opening for and entry-level Electrical/Mechanical Engineer. This opportunity focuses on accelerated exposure to the pulp & paper manufacturing facility & processes. This position performs engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. Working under direct supervision, performs detailed or routine engineering assignments. Receives training and development in various phases of engineering work. Performs a variety of tasks such as the preparation of simple plans, designs, calculations, costs and bills of material in accordance with established codes, standards and drawings.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide engineering services necessary for the mill to complete their capital projects and engineering requests.
- Perform as a project manager and execute complete capital and small projects.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving maintenance problems with the mill’s machinery and equipment.
- Assist in the updating and maintenance of the mill’s technical drawings.
- Conduct periodic tours of the mill for equipment problems, conferring with production and maintenance personnel with regard to current jobs, making safety observations, and ensuring good housekeeping.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining the mill’s preventative and predictive maintenance program for area of responsibility.
This description is a summary of the position and not all-inclusive of responsibilities.
It is subject to change over time.
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Oral and written communication skills, to communicate technical material across the mill and to outside resources.
- Willing & able to meet demands of a 24/7 operation
- Relevant internship or co-op preferred.
- Interest in the pulp and paper industry and building a developmental career with unlimited learning opportunities.
- Ability to comply with and enforce company, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team player attitude, with the ability to work with diverse teams, multiple organizational levels and across business functions.
- Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills.
- High level of initiative and motivation.
- Resourceful, quick learner and dependable.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.