Domtar Inc., Dryden Operations, is currently seeking an individual to become part of our team. A progressive community set between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay, Dryden offers excellent medical, educational and recreational facilities. Reporting to the Technical Manager, you will be responsible for the overall co-ordination of mill environmental activities and maintaining a focus on current and future major environmental initiatives.
More specifically, you will:
- Ensure compliance with local, provincial and federal government programs and reporting requirements.
- Provide guidance and support to the environmental team and operations teams for routine and emergency environmental issues.
- Oversee the development and monitoring of procedures to confirm that operations are in compliance with environmental regulations.
- Partner with various departments to support process and/or environmental initiatives and ensure they comply with all relevant environmental laws, regulations and acts.
- You will hold a degree in Chemical or Environmental Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the pulp & paper industry.
- Leadership skills that include a proven ability to coach and develop team members to a higher level of performance.
- Demonstrated planning, organizing and problem solving ability.
- Knowledge of industrial safety procedures and regulations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including technical writing, budget preparation and presentations.
- Excellent computer skills, including the ability to read, analyze and interpret data.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relations and to interact effectively with a diverse group of operational teams, government representatives and community members.
- Strong knowledge of ISO 14001 and provincial and federal environmental laws, regulations and acts.
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider joining our Team. Please apply online and attach your resume and cover letter, in confidence, by
Wednesday April 1st, 2020 at 3:00pm CDT
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.