Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and airlaid nonwovens. With approximately 5,800 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day.
Through our values of agility, caring and innovation, we constantly find better ways to serve our customers, support our employees and strengthen our communities.
Domtar’s principal executive office is in Fort Mill, South Carolina and Domtar is part of the Paper Excellence group of companies. To learn more, visit www.domtar.com.
Domtar Paper in Nekoosa, WI is seeking safety-oriented individuals to join our team as a Journeymen Pipefitter.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform maintenance on mill equipment as scheduled.
- Troubleshoot mill systems and equipment as needed.
- Installation of new and rebuilt equipment.
- Perform inspections and preventive maintenance tasks.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment according to specifications by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading.
- Inspect and examine and test installed systems and pipelines.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
- Layout full scale drawings or pipe systems and related equipment following blueprints.
- Must have a personal dedication to safety, including proactive support of efforts to create a culture of safety excellence.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must hold a valid journeyman card, indicating successful completion of an accredited apprenticeship program.
- Experience in the Pulp and Paper industry will be considered an asset.
- Available to work varying hours that may include shift, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime and respond to emergency call-ins.
- Pass Pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Wear the required personal protective equipment including being respirator qualified.
- Work in industrial conditions (i.e., warm/hot, dusty/dirty, around hazardous chemicals, noise, and heavy machinery or working at heights with proper safety training and safety protection.)
Domtar offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including group health insurance plan, dental, vision, life, and disability plans. In addition, a 401(k) savings plan with company match.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.