Reporting to the Mill Controller, your role will be to provide professional financial/accounting support for Domtar’s Plymouth manufacturing site.
- Perform month end closing responsibilities, including posting journal entries, inventory movements and running cost allocations.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for site’s full listing of asset and liability accounts (including inventory, prepaids, and maintenance/non-maintenance accruals).
- Review/prepare monthly accounting and financial reports including profit and loss statement variance analysis.
- Provide audit support (internal and external).
- Serve as resource to update and maintain major inventory standard product costs.
- Maintain finished goods product costing system.
- Coordinate with sites for actual/forecast/budget results and analysis.
- Research and apply accounting policies and principles to properly record, report, and maintain financial data.
- Possess ability and track-record of challenging reported figures, asking questions & probing others to ensure that the right answers are obtained.
- Some overtime will be necessary during critical times of month-end close, project delivery, etc.
Key Skill Sets:
- Good communicator at all levels of organization, in both written and verbal formats. Ability to understand accounting data, spreadsheets and concepts and simplify and communicate a message in both written and verbal communications.
- Excellent time management and organization skills - ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously is key
- Ability to work a dynamic task list or being able to move and think on the fly without a set checklist from day to day.
- Self-sufficient, proactive, results driven and detail-oriented mindset.
- Analytical approach to solving problems and critical thinking.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo. Continuously striving to make reporting and processes more effective & efficient.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance with 2+ years related experience in an accounting/finance role; experience within a manufacturing operations environment/processes is strongly preferred.
- Preferred candidate to have accounting experience outside of solely accounts payable/accounts receivable, cost accounting strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel capabilities. Including advanced formulas and pivot tables (examples may be requested during interview process).
- Experience working in an ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ability to demonstrate growth in previous positions.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.