Paper Machine Superintendent – Fine Paper Mill Hawesville (FPM H1)
The Hawesville Mill is in need of an FPM H1 Paper Machine Superintendent. Reporting to the Fine Paper Mill Production Manager, this position is responsible for attaining established goals and continuous improvement in the areas of safety, reliability, cost, customer satisfaction, and quality for the H1 Paper Machine department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Align department goals with Corporate and Mill wide goals.
- Establish, maintain, and support effective programs that will promote an accident-free workplace within the H1 Paper Machine department working with Logistics Superintendent to support the shipping area.
- Ensure that quality standards are met or exceeded with regard to manufacturing and shipping of product.
- Ensure systems are in place to meet or exceed customer satisfaction.
- Establish, maintain, and support effective programs that will promote a sustainable, environmentally responsible process of manufacturing.
- Establish, maintain, and support effective programs that will promote continuous cost improvement to remain in a competitive position for a challenging marketplace.
- Establish, maintain, and support effective programs that will continuously improve reliability and ensure a consistent manufacturing process.
- Develop direct report’s leadership skills, engagement, and growth development to attain the next level of management.
- Fill in for the Fine Paper Production Manager as needed.
- Help to build open lines of communications with other departments.
- Establish priorities and support maintenance of all equipment within the H1 Paper Machine department.
- Establish priorities and support engineering for the improvement of existing equipment and/or installation of new equipment for capital projects within the H1 Paper Machine department.
- Effectively maintain and work to improve management/bargaining unit labor relations.
- Performance manages all direct and indirect reports within the H1 Paper Machine department.
- Take off-hour production calls and direct Mill operations during weekends and/or holidays.
- Stay abreast of industry developments that could improve safety, reliability, cost, customer satisfaction and/or quality for the area of responsibility.
- Actively support and participate in cross-functional teams within our corporation.
- Drive the H1 Paper Machine department towards continuous improvement in the area of production grade flexibility (trials and new grade development)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of ten (10) years manufacturing work experience
- Papermaking experience (minimum 7 years)
- Knowledge of effective safety practices
- Good leadership, communication, analytical, planning, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated people development skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Papermaking experience (greater than 10 years’ experience)
- Knowledge of effective maintenance practices
- SAP knowledge
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, ect.) experience
- Knowledge of information databases (QIS, ABB-Auto Prod, ect.)
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.