Mill Controller I
Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and airlaid nonwovens. With approximately 5,800 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day.
Through our values of agility, caring and innovation, we constantly find better ways to serve our customers, support our employees and strengthen our communities.
Based in Nekoosa, WI (US) the Mill Controller reports directly to the Director of Finance-Paper and functionally reports to the General Manager of the mill. The Mill Controller is responsible for managing and supervising all Finance activities at the mill. The Mill Controller provides financial and business support to operating departments to minimize cost and optimize operations. The position also supports division and corporate levels with management reporting and ensures compliance with business objectives and regulatory rules.
- Manage and coordinate the Accounting function for the site
- Ensure accurate and timely financial (both internal and external) and management reporting
- Provide financial and business leadership to entire operation to ensure cost effective decisions and strategy
- Lead, coordinate and perform analysis for operating and capital projects to optimize performance and earnings
- Develop and support an environment of continuous cost and profit improvement
- Coordinate and review, month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing and reporting to meet corporate deadlines
- Coordinate and review the forecasting and budgeting process for the site
- Ensure financial results appropriately reflect operational results while ensuring accuracy and integrity of operational reporting
- Ensure compliance with company policy and GAAP guidelines for financial reporting
- Maintain effective system of internal controls that are validated with audits and in compliance with corporate and legal regulations
- Actively participate in division/company-wide initiatives to improve effectiveness and efficiency of financial reporting. Provide business analysis and strategic planning guidance to the site leadership team
- As a member of the site leadership team, serve as Weekend Mill Manager on a rotating schedule
- Manage the accounting department including, but not limited to provide coaching, organization and delegation of tasks, succession planning, recruiting, and performance management
Required Qualifications/Professional Experience:
- A minimum of 10+ years' experience in a supervisory/management capacity in a manufacturing environment in the accounting area
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business, preferably CMA, and/or MBA
- Experience working in MS Office, advance Excel skills and ERP system experience, preferably SAP
- Good communicator at all levels of organization, in both written and verbal formats
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-sufficient, results driven and detail-oriented mindset
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proven leader skills, fostering positive teamwork dynamic
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider joining our Team. Domtar’s principal executive office is in Fort Mill, South Carolina and Domtar is part of the Paper Excellence group of companies. To learn more, visit www.domtar.com.
To comply with the Domtar Affirmative Action Program, selection shall be made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability or sexual orientation. Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title 1 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.