Domtar’s Tatum facility has an opening for a Maintenance Supervisor. This position is a full-time, exempt position, reporting to the Plant Manager. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising a team of maintenance technicians whose priority is to safely maintain the building, systems and production equipment by completing preventative maintenance schedules; restoring, repairing, rebuilding or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts. The Maintenance Supervisor is a recognized leader of the plant who has direct influence on the formulation, communication and execution of the plant’s goals and objectives.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the Safety Coordinator to directs, maintain, participate in, and enforce the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance employees. Ensures compliance with all applicable OSHA standards.
- Supervises and prioritizes the daily workload of a small team of 1 to 3 maintenance technicians to achieve desired objectives.
- Communicates directly with the operations department and monitors plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling the weekly, monthly, and quarterly preventative maintenance program. Coordinate in-house and 3rd party resource support, ensuring maintenance financial budget and production targets are achieved.
- Initiates, implements, and leads the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning / scheduling and preventative / predictive maintenance. Tasked with challenging the status quo and continually pursuing operational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Utilizes and maintains history of plant equipment. Tracks, analyzes, and improves key maintenance performance indicators such as asset utilization, maintenance costs, PM/WO completions, etc.
- Coach, train, develop, and discipline talent to cultivate future maintenance resources. Conduct performance reviews to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance staff. Ensure maintenance employees are adequately trained, equipped, and empowered.
- Maintain compliance with all environmental policies and procedures; ensures that all city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are always met.
- Maintain spare part inventory, complete monthly and year end cycle checks to validate inventory accuracy, responsible for annual maintenance budget and associated performance metrics.
- Successfully complete all other duties and assigned projects.
Advanced level of knowledge of the paper converting process with experience in maintaining
production equipment, acquired over 10+ years of experience in the industry and/or a
bachelor’s degree with 5+ years production experience.
Good problem solving/decision making skills in intense situations.
Strong mechanical aptitude, planning and organizational skills.
Known for confidentiality and teamwork.
- Strong analytical skills, with a strong background in mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks.
- Friendly, positive demeanor and professional image.
- Working knowledge of inventory management, capital budgets and long-term planning.
- Successfully developed others toward leadership roles.
- History of effectively dealing with personnel issues.
- Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and modify Allen Bradley PLC components and drives.
- Strong working knowledge with RSLogix 5, 500, 5000, Studio 5000, FactoryTalk View software and PowerFlex Drives.
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Frequent walking, standing, kneeling, twisting, bending, and lifting
- Position exists in an office and warehouse/production environment
- May require limited travel
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.