Pulp Mill Superintendent
Pulp Mill Superintendent
Domtar Inc., Dryden Operations, is currently seeking a Pulp Mill Superintendent to become part of our Operations team. Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for providing strategic leadership to the Pulp Mill Operations areas including Chip Handling, Digester, Bleach Plant, Recaust/Lime Kiln, Pulp Machine and Combined Services.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide support and develop frontline leaders reporting to this position.
- Provide leadership focused on performance in the areas of proactive safety behaviour, environmental compliance, quality, customer satisfaction, budget production & cost by maximum asset utilization.
- Provide leadership to drive continuous improvement strategies that result in Proactive Safety approach, reducing the Environmental footprint, consistent product quality, cost reduction and enhanced production.
- Ensure that health & safety and Environmental consideration are paramount in the day-today execution of the work.
- Establish strategic priorities by partnering with Power & Recovery, Maintenance, Environmental, Technical and Forestland departments.
- Oversee the optimization of employee skill development using continually improved training systems & up to date SOPs.
- Provide leadership to the team to focus, promote & significantly contribute to the overall improvement of operational equipment reliability.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Maintenance department to plan and execute both preventive and repair maintenance.
- Co-ordinate with the Technical, Reliability & Engineering department to plan & successfully execute Capital projects to improve safety, reducing Environment footprint, improve quality, improve net profit.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the pulp & paper industry.
- Leadership skills that include a proven ability to coach and develop team members to a higher level of performance.
- Demonstrated planning, organizing and problem-solving ability.
- Knowledge of industrial safety procedures and regulations.
- Strong communication skills written, oral and listening.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with cross-departmental teams.
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider joining our Team. Please apply online and attach your cover letter and resume.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.