Domtar Paper Company in Nekoosa, Wisconsin
Temporary position – 40 hours/week
Start date – Flexible,
About Domtar - Nekoosa:
Domtar pulp and paper mill in Nekoosa, Wisconsin consists of a kraft pulp mill, 3 paper machines, power boilers, and hydroelectric operations. The Environmental Department at Nekoosa operates a 15 MGD wastewater treatment plant, and three landfills, and manages all of the air, water, and waste activities at the site.
Job description: The Environmental Intern position is a full time paid temporary internship (40 hours per week). Preference will be given to candidates that are available for at least 9 months.
Duties and responsibilities: Throughout employment the Intern will be involved in a variety of projects to improve the environmental operations at the site.
This may include:
- Wastewater plant and landfill optimization
- Water and waste identification and reduction in the mill
- Procedure development
- Analytical lab projects
- Environmental data analysis improvements
- Detailed documentation of findings in various systems and
- Additional projects as assigned
- Must be enrolled an accredited degree program and have at least 3 years of college coursework
- Interest in professional growth development and be willing and able to work in an industrial setting
- Ability to comply with and enforce company, safety and environment polices and procedures.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, for a diverse
range of internal and external audiences
- Able to demonstrate qualities as a self-starter and perform tasks with limited supervision
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, and pre-employment drug and alcohol screenings.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.