Job Summary: Reporting to the Plant Manager, you are responsible for supervising a team of maintenance technicians whose priority is to safely maintain the building, systems and production equipment by completing preventative maintenance schedules; restoring, repairing, rebuilding or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts. The Maintenance Supervisor is a recognized leader of the plant who has direct influence on the formulation, communication and execution of the plant’s goals and objectives.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Directs, maintains, participates in and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance employees. Ensures compliance with all applicable OSHA standards.
- Supervises and prioritizes the daily workload of a small team of maintenance technicians to achieve desired objectives.
- Communicates directly with the operations department and monitors plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling the weekly, monthly and quarterly preventative maintenance program. Coordinate in-house and 3rd party resource support, ensuring maintenance financial budget and production targets are achieved.
- Initiates, implements and leads the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning / scheduling and preventative / predictive maintenance. Tasked with challenging the status quo and continually pursuing operational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Utilizes and maintains history of plant equipment. Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance performance indicators such as asset utilization, maintenance costs, PM/WO completions, etc.
- Coach, train, develop and discipline talent to cultivate future maintenance resources. Conduct performance reviews to determine competency, knowledge and contribution of the maintenance staff. Ensure maintenance employees are adequately trained, equipped and empowered.
- Maintain compliance with all environmental policies, procedures; ensures that all city, county, state and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are always met.
- Maintain spare part inventory, complete monthly and year end cycle checks to validate inventory accuracy, responsible for annual maintenance budget and associated performance metrics.
- Successfully complete all other duties and assigned projects.
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
Frequent walking, standing, kneeling, twisting, bending, and lifting
Position exists in an office and warehouse/production environment.
Slips, Trips, and falls
Eye Strain from overexertion
May require limited travel
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.