The Safety Manager is accountable for the continuous improvement of the safety programs by nourishing a culture in which safety is an overriding value in all activities and in which every team member assumes personal accountability for safety.
· Support the mill in day to day safety management activities. Interface with salaried, hourly, and contracted employees during normal and upset production periods, providing guidance and support for safe work practices.
· Evaluate and analyze injury trends. Implement programs and processes to address the types of injuries based on available data and trends. Evaluate root cause of injuries and near misses in order to address the reasons incidents occur.
· Coordinate training requirements related to Health & Safety issues.
· Coordinate activities of facility emergency response teams - this includes medical first aid, first responders, emergency response teams (confined space rescue, hazmat). This support includes all training and recordkeeping for the respective teams.
· Manage and oversee the recordkeeping requirements related to the OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) standards 29CFR1904
· Coordinate and manage facility’s IH (Industrial Hygiene) program.
· Coordinate and support safety awareness and leading indicator programs (audits, risk assessments, near-miss reporting, etc.)
· Keep all written mill safety policies and procedures up-to-date.
· Manage the respiratory protection policy and annual fit testing.
· Analyze, review, and implement federal, local, state, and corporate Health and Safety guidelines. Ensure compliance at the facility to these regulations and guidelines (Regularly)
· Coordinates the overall emergency response plan for the mill.
Five to ten years of experience as a safety professional in an industrial setting.
Extensive knowledge of OSHA regulations as they pertain to emergency response teams, respiratory protection, lockout and confined space.
Ability to effectively communicate and teach both at the one on one level and in group settings.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.