The Hawesville Mill has an opening for a Process Support Engineer. Reporting to the Fine Paper Mill (FPM) H1 Superintendent, this position will provide technical support to an assigned area including, but not limited to:
- Process Monitoring, troubleshooting, & process optimization
- Providing training on chemical & quality systems
- Providing on-call, after hours & weekend coverage
- Maintaining involvement & supporting safety on a mill-wide basis
- Maintaining & supporting environmental compliance
- Providing support to Technical & Production efforts during machine maintenance outages
- Ability to effectively interact with vendors & customers
- Providing strong leadership & supporting FPM goals
- BS degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Paper Engineering
- Good analytical, planning & organizational skills
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word applications
- Flexible & self-motivated
- Required to enter confined spaces, climb stairs & ladders, effectively wear required PPE (steel toe boots; hand, hearing & eye protection, etc.)
- Able to work in environments with low levels of chemical fumes, high heat, humidity & noise
- Willing and able to meet the demands of a 24/7 operation
- A personal dedication to safety, including proactive support of efforts to create a culture of safety excellence
- 3-5 years’ experience
- SAP experience
- Microsoft Access experience
- Macro use in Excel
- SQL Database experience
- Interest in the pulp and paper industry and building a developmental career with unlimited learning opportunities.
- Ability to comply with and enforce company, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team player attitude, with the ability to work with diverse teams, multiple organizational levels and across business functions.
- Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills.
- High level of initiative and motivation.
- Resourceful, quick learner and dependable.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests, criminal background investigation, references verification, pre-employment drug and alcohol screening, and a pre-employment physical.
Domtar offers competitive wages and a range of benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), pension plan, paid vacations/holidays, employer supported development and continuing education.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.