Power and Recovery Shift Relief Supervisor
This position reports to the Superintendent of Power and Recovery and its primary function are to:
- Supervise and direct crews in supplying mill requirements in steam, water, and the disposal of solids in mill waste.
- Plan and establishing priorities for the assigned area of responsibility.
- Occasionally interact with government regulatory agencies, consultants, or other organizations and professional associations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- A minimum 5 years of power and recovery experience, or comparable experience
- College degree preferred, if no degree must have successfully passed the TABE, CRC or Nowlin exam.
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing conditions.
- Must be able to prioritize well and assign resources appropriately.
Candidates must possess and have demonstrated:
- The ability to set high goals or standards of performances for self and others.
- An advanced level of knowledge is needed in safety steam/power operation, and water treatment.
- A solid working knowledge of design engineering, maintenance planning, budget administration and preparation, waste control, chemical formulation
- A solid knowledge of environmental and governmental compliance laws.
This job requires a demonstrated ability to manage by influence, work with a group as a team member and the capacity to lead by example while ensuring employee accountability to all department requirements.
Domtar is an EEO/AA employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disability Act of 1990. This is a safety sensitive position.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.