Technician, Field Services
The IT Field Service Technician is responsible for providing Tier 1 & 2 support management for the computers and network environments at Domtar manufacturing, converting and distribution facilities. This role will be interacting with all levels of business and/or mill management.
More specifically, you will be required to:
- Follow all Domtar safety rules and regulations
- Oversee the daily performance of all desktops, laptops, mobile devices and peripheral equipment at assigned location(s).
- Provide application support for various mill applications, as needed
- Utilize the internal IT Ticketing System to resolve incidents, service requests and change requests in a timely manner.
- Promote IT Cyber Security best practices on a daily basis via your actions and your communications.
- Ensure hardware assets are updated in the Asset Management System following the standard Domtar procedures.
- Participate in On-Call rotation to provide 24/7 support for assigned location.
- Coordinate infrastructure work with vendors.
- Perform support activities including backups, patch installs, incident resolution, account maintenance, etc.
- Provide assistance and guidance to other Business / IT teams as required.
- Provide support for the IT-related infrastructure components (servers, thin clients, switches, virus updates, backups, etc.) of the local process control production environments (Industrial Control Systems).
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of technical related problems including LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, IP Addressing, etc.
- Practical knowledge of Licensing Compliance and Support Agreements for PC, Technical and Hardware equipment.
- Create internal procedures and best practices for IT related items.
- Off-Hours availability coordination with other IT staff members.
- Travel to different locations as needed.
- Perform all administrative duties in a concise and timely manner.
- Perform remote diagnostic tasks.
Technical Skills Required:
- 5+ years’ experience working with MS Sever software and hardware.
- 5+ years’ experience in the implementation of data connectivity for local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN) and storage area networks (SAN).
- 5+ years’ experience with information technology infrastructure components
- 5+ years’ experience troubleshooting and resolving printer issues in addition to configuring and installing printers.
- 5+ years’ experience leading and managing technology projects.
- 5+ years’ experience managing Active Directory.
- Experience providing support services for Microsoft related technologies such as Windows Server, Clustering and VMWare.
Personal Skills Required:
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to manage time well and meet multiple deadlines in a hectic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, including worklogs and end-user communications.
- Desire to contribute proactively to the needs of Domtar.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of a problem and see it through to resolution.
Preferred experience includes:
Experience working in a manufacturing facility
- Experience working in Process Control Networks
- Current CCNA / CCNP certifications
- Experience with Digital Control Systems, Shop Floor Execution Systems, ERP systems such as SAP.
- Experience with Linux platforms.
- Experience with PBX and/or VOIP telephone and voice mail systems.
- Knowledge of real-time controls hardware and PLC automation systems is a plus.
- MCSA – Windows 2012 or 2016 Server Certification desired.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.