IT Site Supervisor
IT - Local Site Coordinator (LSC)
Reporting to the Mill IT Manager, your role will be to act as the liaison between the local mill and the Corporate IT organization. You will lead the IT support efforts for the Domtar Johnsonburg Mill in conjunction with the centralized support teams including the support of desktops, networks, servers, manufacturing applications, and process control. You will supervise and manage the local IT Field Service Technicians (FSTs) located at the mill, and you and your team will be responsible for ensuring that all local IT related needs are met in a timely manner.
More specifically, you will have to:
- Coordinate IT applications, infrastructure projects, and mill-led process control projects, upgrades, implementations, requests, etc., working with local and remote mill IT, process control engineers and staff, and outside vendor teams
- Support mill IT users by providing technical analysis and perspective pertinent to local facility operations and processes
- Assist in maintaining compliance with corporate IT standards and direction.
- Assist with production system incident response to restore service to mill users when interrupted.
- Function as the mill IT focal and be the voice to Corporate IT for the mill. In this role you will convey IT requirements to the mill and communicate mill requirements to IT.
- Maintain technical expertise through company sponsored training as well as self- study.
- You have a four-year Degree in Information Technology, Business, Engineering or a related field; or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience (preferably within a manufacturing environment) with at least two years in a leadership capacity
- Proven understanding of technical skills in the areas of IT support including: ITIL concepts and best practices, Microsoft technologies, Cisco network hardware
- General knowledge of manufacturing operations and processes
- Proven effective strategic planning and analytical skills
- Strong skills in problem solving, critical thinking, and managing projects
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, including effective influencing and coaching of peers and subordinates
- Strong team building skills, ability to work with diverse teams, multiple organizational levels and across business functions
You must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests, criminal background investigation, references verification and pre-employment drug-screening.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.