SAP Release Analyst
Position title: SAP Release Analyst
Location: Fort Mill
Reports to: Manager, SAP Administration
Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and air laid nonwovens. Domtar’s principal executive office is in Fort Mill, South Carolina and Domtar is part of the Paper Excellence group of companies.
With approximately 6,000 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day. Through our values of agility, caring and innovation, we constantly find better ways to serve our customers, support our employees and strengthen our communities.
Your role as SAP Release Analyst will primarily consist in working in conjunctions with application managers, operation teams and project teams. You will be responsible to coordinate: releases, refreshes, archiving and ensure documentation is updated and available.
You will be subject master expert for testing application working with the project managers, managing Project Requests and Documentation, performing Project configuration/maintenance, and participate in tool upgrade/patching (tests).
You will play an active part ensuring Audit controls are complying, ensuring documentation is updated and available.
- Release preparation, verification
- Schedule and host release meetings
- Control Release quality (Review release transports, documentation, impacts, controls, cutover)
- Coordinate release dates with different stakeholders, identify conflicts among various releases (Operational and Projects)
- Review project release strategy
- Approve changes as member of the CCC (Change Control Committee)
- Review security changes - documentation - on demand
- Validate governance is applied
- ERP and associated Environment Refreshes
- Prepare, maintain, communicate and post release and refresh calendar
- Coordinate refresh dates with different stakeholders to meet demand from various releases / projects
- Refresh Coordinator Role with Basis/ Functional Analyst / Verification (for refreshes and refresh issues)
- ITGC Ownership and record keeping
- Maintenance Security/Business/ IT Approvers
- Maintenance R14 Governance Document
- Maintain reference documentation on Domtar / IT portal
- Coordinator for some Application/ Basis projects
Required Qualifications/Professional Experiences:
- 15 years IT experience
- 10 years of SAP ECC Experience
- General Functional knowledge of SAP Master Data, SD, PM-MM, FICO, SCM, BW modules
- Technical SAP Knowledge – ABAP, SAP Clients, dictionary, tables, SPRO
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle experience
- 3-4 years in release coordination position or project lead
Preferred Qualifications/Professional Experiences:
- English required, bilingual in French and English is a plus.
- SharePoint Administration
- Microsoft Office Suites
- Lead to build consensus
- Able to work with various teams (Technical, functional, business)
- Strong organizational skills and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (English/French)
- Good at documentation
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Willing to perform the extra effort that makes the difference by performing follow up, taking ownership and helping others.
Alternative Work Arrangements; hybrid remote work and flextime;
- A modern, spacious and dynamic environment;
- Competitive compensation, including annual bonus plan;
- An extended flexible insurance plan (life, medical, dental);
- An employee assistance program;
- A pension plan with matching company contributions to help make planning for your retirement easy;
- Employer-paid development and continuing education;
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.