Domtar Inc., Specialty Papers Division, Espanola Operations is currently seeking Power/Operating Engineers (minimum 4th class certificate) to join our team.
As an integrated mill, Espanola produces pulp and more than 300 different types of paper. The Espanola mill's competitive difference is people and technology. Espanola ranks among the most innovative mills in North America. The Espanola Mill is ISO 9001 certified. Our FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) chain of custody certification, along with ISO 14001, also places us in the North American forefront.
- Position supports and reports to the Shift Engineer
- Operating knowledge in the industry (ex. power boilers, raw-water, bark burning, filter plants)
- General labour/housekeeping duties
- Inspect, maintain and report on assigned areas and equipment
- Any other duties assigned by the Shift Engineer
- Minimum: 4th Class Operating Engineer Certificate - 3rd Class Certificate a definite asset
- Self-starter with initiative to learn and pursue higher class status
- 3+ years of experience in an industrial environment
- Kraft/Pulp mill experience is considered an asset
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of safe work practices
- Effective communication skills - written and verbal
- Good working knowledge of computer software and applications
- Ability to work shift work (days, evenings, weekends)
- Applicant must successfully complete a selection process that includes panel interviews, aptitude testing, background check, drug and alcohol testing and health assessment.
- Domtar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.