Engineering and Maintenance Manager
Engineering and Maintenance Manager
Domtar paper, the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer of uncoated free-sheet paper in North America, has an opening for an Engineering & Maintenance Manager in our Nekoosa, WI mill.
The Engineering and Maintenance Manager will be responsible for providing strategic leadership to the Maintenance, Reliability, IT and Engineering Teams. As a member of the Mill leadership team you will be responsible for developing strategies for improving plant asset reliability. Key role deliverables include, but is not limited to the following:
- Ensure the safe, efficient, and cost-effective management of the overall maintenance, engineering and reliability processes and activities to ensure maximum equipment reliability and assets preservation.
- Ensure all planned projects are implemented on time, on budget and meet the stated objective.
- Lead Preventive, Predictive and Reliable Manufacturing Processes which follow the One Domtar Standards. Participate in the One Domtar Reliability Functional Team to support continuous improvement of the one Domtar Standards.
- Lead and develop the Maintenance, Reliability & Engineering Teams.
- Manage/control maintenance cost and capital project portfolio to achieve target results while ensuring budgets are prepared, and variances explained with appropriate action taken as required.
- Manage the Mill’s CMMS optimizing spare parts/materials inventory and maintenance work to minimize unplanned downtime and operating cost as well as ensuring the MRO inventory meets proper Working Capital standards as defined by Domtar.
- Lead the continuous improvement of key performance indicators to increase asset life and department budget cost effectiveness.
- Lead and perform necessary root cause analysis on asset failures and implement identified actions to improve manufacturing reliability.
- Demonstrate success in leading change and driving improvement.
- Be accountable for all Mill asset outcomes.
- 10+ years’ experience leading and improving maintenance and reliability in an industrial environment where managing personnel, logistics, production, and workplace safety were a requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with experience successfully leading and developing a team of engineers.
- Demonstrated success implementing & optimizing reliability maintenance systems and processes.
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and facility systems.
- Excellent leadership skills that include proven ability to coach and develop team members to a higher level of performance, ability to work in a team environment actively promoting collaboration, teamwork, and conflict resolution.
- Experience developing and managing budgets to maximize asset reliability.
- Demonstrated planning, organizing and problem-solving skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and projects concurrently.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Demonstrated experience with Root Cause Analysis tools.
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and oral, as well as highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Experience in pulp and paper industry.
- Knowledge of Project Management Best Practices and Methodology.
- Use and knowledge of SAP’s Plant and Materials Management
- Experience working in a Union environment.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.