Senior Financial Analyst (Manufacturing)
Senior Financial Analyst - Hawesville
As an integral part of the Hawesville Finance department, you will partner with the Mill Controller, Operations and Maintenance to summarize/analyze monthly results, provide financial support for capital projects and provide production, cost, and competitive analysis to help improve production and mill profitability. Key focus areas will include grade costing, cost analysis, supporting capital, and benchmarking.
More specifically you will:
- Work with mill finance department to complete month-end financial processes
- Summarize/analyze monthly results for Hawesville mill.
- Provide clear, detailed variance explanations versus various time frames to improve profitability (i.e. flex budget, fixed budget, forecast, prior year, etc.)
- Work closely with operations departments for grade cost analysis including impacts on hardwood pulp business
- Lead effort to further improve monthly cost review process
- Provide regular cost reviews for mill departments on cost performance, variances, and opportunities for improvement
- Support department cost savings efforts with analytical support
- Develop annual budgets. Ensure that budgets reflect operational objectives that adhere with managerial guidelines.
- Provide financial support for capital projects – both financial analysis and spend forecasting.
- Provide production, cost and competitive analysis as requested. Ensure projects and analysis reflects financial integrity.
You are a confident communicator, have a professional accounting designation with 5 years financial experience and a proven track record of success.
In addition, you must have:
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills, excellent judgment, and confidentiality
- Have proven organization skills and be detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize effectively and manage multiple tasks
- Skills to work closely with operations and maintenance as well as other support functions at the mill
- Experience in pulp and paper industry would be an asset
- Experience with SAP would also be an asset
- CPA and/or CMA certifications are a plus
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.