Mechanical Maintenance Planner
Domtar Inc., Specialty Papers Division, Espanola Operations is currently seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Planner to join our team.
As an integrated mill, Espanola produces pulp and more than 300 different types of paper. The Espanola mill's competitive difference is people and technology. Espanola ranks among the most innovative mills in North America. The Espanola Mill is ISO 9001 certified. Our FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) chain of custody certification, along with ISO 14001, also places us in the North American forefront.
This position requires an engaged individual who is looking for an opportunity to build, contribute and advance our organization. This is a critical part of the reliability and maintenance plan for the Espanola Mill. This position is responsible for performing all maintenance planning activities for shutdowns and weekly scheduled work within the area of focus and for monitoring and analyzing reports, work orders and history to optimize effective and efficient procedures. The position is responsible for specifying all plans and procedures as well as all other documentation necessary for safe and proper performance of maintenance activities.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing SAP, develop planned work packages for all approved maintenance work orders with respect to work methods, resource requirements, materials, and established deadlines and ensure that all produced work packages are in accordance with established safety and environmental policies and procedures to prevent impact to employees, the business, the environment, and the community. Provide tangible ownership for all work packages from creation to close-out.
- Work closely with supervisors and engineers to ensure that work methods in planned work packages maximize safety and efficiency and ensure that work packages are cost effective by minimizing waste and identifying improvement opportunities in the utilization of resources and materials. Utilize established Work Management systems to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of work plans.
- Track work package estimates against actual values with respect to resources, materials, and cost and ensure that all costs are allocated properly. Escalate to the appropriate authority, if work order package costs cannot be achieved within quantity and/or quality parameters.
- In collaboration with maintenance and operations leadership, prepare weekly maintenance schedules based on material and resource availability of parts and while maintaining the required backlog as well as prepare schedules for periodic area shutdowns.
- Input and plan work orders for required equipment rebuilds and repairs requiring external and/or internal repair resources.
- Continually improve material selection, work practices, and planning processes through effective use of established procedures to improve the efficiency and quality of planned work packages and templates.
- Interface with engineering personnel on a regular basis to ensure that equipment data, spares requirements, and procedures and documentation are modified as necessary as a result of additions, deletions or modifications to the plant processes or configuration.
- Collaborate with Maintenance Engineering, Technical Services, and Operations on capital and maintenance projects to perform all such work efficiently with minimal disruption to production operations.
The ideal candidate will possess;
- Post-Secondary education such as a Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma, OR
- Red Seal Interprovincial Journeyperson Certification in a mechanical trade.
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in Maintenance Planning within a complex industrial environment.
- Experience with SAP or similar CMMS systems.
- Familiarity with pulp and paper processes and related equipment considered an asset.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to collaborate effectively with various teams and individuals, both internal and external as well as the ability to work independently with self-discipline and rigor as required.
- A results focused, critical thinking, and detail-oriented individual with proven problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills to prioritize, schedule, and meet deadlines and guidelines.
- Good computer skills and knowledge of MS Office software. Knowledge of SAP would be considered and asset.
- Understanding of Ontario Health and Safety regulations, with advanced experience, knowledge and understanding of safe work practices.
- Applicant must successfully complete a selection process that includes panel interviews, aptitude testing, background check, health assessment, and drug and alcohol testing.
- Domtar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.