Assistant Superintendent I
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT – RECOVERY AND RECAUST
This position reports to the Recovery / Recaust Superintendent and its primary function is to:
- Assist the Recovery / Recaust Supt and the Power / Recovery Supervisor with the daily management of operations and maintenance activities for the Evaporator, Recovery Boiler, and Recausticizing processes.
- Plan and establishing priorities for the assigned area of responsibility.
- Closely coordinate daily operations with Power/Utilities and Pulp operating areas.
- Occasionally interact with government regulatory agencies, consultants, or other organizations and professional associations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Prefer a Bachelor’s Degree and 7 or more years of job-related experience or the equivalent.
Candidates must possess and have demonstrated:
- The ability to set high goals or standards of performances for self and others
- An advanced level of knowledge in safe work practices, and in evaporator, recovery boiler, and recausticizing operations.
- A solid working knowledge of the kraft pulping process, design engineering, maintenance planning, and budget administration.
- A solid knowledge of environmental and governmental compliance laws.
This job requires a demonstrated ability to manage by influence, work with a group as a team member and the capacity to lead by example while ensuring employee accountability to all department requirements. Also required are strong interpersonal communication abilities as well as good written communication abilities.
If you would like to apply for this position apply at Domtar.com/careers
Domtar is an EEO/AA employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disability Act of 1990. This is a safety sensitive position.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.