Engineer, Process Control
Process Control Engineer
Domtar Paper, the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer of uncoated free-sheet paper in North America, has an opening for a Process Control Engineer in our Johnsonburg, PA mill.
The Process Control Engineer’s responsibility is to maintain and improve the reliability of our process control systems by eliminating production limiting failures, maintaining, and improving our assets. This position reports into the Engineering & Maintenance organization. The Process Control Engineer will partner with operating, maintenance, engineering, and mill leaders to optimize mill control systems.
The Process Control Engineer will provide technical support for the needs of the business. This support includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Serve as the primary support for Mill distributed control system software and hardware reliability.
- Perform project software design and programming for capital and process optimization projects.
- Supervise contractors and consultants to provide installation of new control equipment and modifications and reviews of existing systems.
- Manage updates the electric and control system loop and elementary drawings.
- Programs and maintains historical databases and assists with troubleshooting and improving mill PLC systems.
- Supports mill Operations & Maintenance in troubleshooting and seeks to improve overall process controls systems.
- Associate Degree in Technical or Engineering Field with at least four years of experience related to this position, or 10 years of technical electrical experience applicable to the role.
- Practical knowledge and experience with distributed control & PLC controls.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- ABB distributed control programming, hardware maintenance and troubleshooting experience.
- ControlLogix programming, maintenance and troubleshooting experience.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.