Analyst, Accounts Payable
DOMTAR JOB PROFILE
Job Title: Analyst, Accounts Payable
Position Reports to: Accounting Supervisor
Current Job Grade: 8B
Relocation Available (y/n): no
Date: November 2021
The main functions of the Analyst - Accounts Payable is to process accounts payable invoices as well as process hourly payroll. This position is also responsible for preparing various month-end reports, inputting of month-end vouchers, and maintaining the vendor master listing. In addition, the Analyst – Accounts Payable completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
Key responsibilities and percentage of time spent on each:
o Reviews and verifies purchase orders, statements, and invoices; including verifying appropriate sales tax has been charged.
o Prepares and processes payments accurately and on time for accounts owed by the Mill.
· Hourly Payroll
o Processes hourly payroll via Kronos on weekly basis consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
o Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers.
o Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
o Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements.
o Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities and payment terms; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies; and insuring credit is received for outstanding memos.
o Maintains historical records by filing documents.
Scope of job including impact on the business, operating budget, direct reports, sales budget, etc:
# of Total headcount
# of Direct Reports
Required Qualifications/Professional Experiences Years of Experience/Education/Certifications:
· Two (2) year Accounting degree or 3-5 years of Payables experience
· Thoroughness / attention to detail
· Proficient organization skills
· Ability to analyze information
· Accounting / general math skills
· Vendor relationships.
· High degree of data entry skills and computer literacy to include MS Office, especially Excel
Preferred Qualifications/Professional Experiences/Years of Experience:
· Proficient utilizing SAP and Kronos
· Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment
Critical Competencies for Success (Leadership, Technical, Innovation and Work Complexity):
· Ability to prioritize time and multi-task
· Attention to detail when analyzing information
· Ability to organize information
· Interpretation and application of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA)
Management reserves the right to change, add or delete content for all job descriptions based on needs of the business.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.