Domtar Inc., Dryden Operations, is currently seeking an individual to become part of our multi skilled maintenance teams while contributing to our ongoing success. A progressive community set between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay, Dryden offers excellent camping, fishing and outdoor activities.
As an ideal candidate you have:
- Post-secondary engineering degree, technologist diploma, or equivalent.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience with Foxboro I/A, Bailey N90 and Allen Bradley PLC.
- A positive work attitude and a keen sense of responsibility, particularly with respect to safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Solid computer skills and experience with electronic work orders.
- Experience in the Pulp and Paper industry will be considered an asset.
Reporting to the Reliability Superintendent, your responsibilities include:
- Design and implementation of process computer monitoring and control systems in conjunction with process engineers, production management and operators.
- Direction of Instrument and Electrical Tradesperson in computer maintenance activities and in construction of computer interfaces.
- Ensuring the reliable operation of mill process control computer systems.
- Ensuring that any damaged or defective components are repaired or sent to the appropriate repair facility.
- Optimizing Process Control Strategies.
- Designing implementation of high-level sequence programming.
- Co-ordinate training to E/I Maintenance and Engineering Personnel.
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider joining our Team. Please apply online and attach your cover letter, resume and copy of certification.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.