Automotive Condition Inspector/ Account Rep
Automotive Inspector/Dealer Services Representative
Dealer Specialties is looking for an Automotive Inspector who has a knack for cars and wants an opportunity to join a team of highly knowledgeable and dedicated individuals. We are looking for team players to be the face of our company and energetically provide our clients with outstanding customer service.
Are you someone with a ton of knowledge and a passion for cars? Do you feel comfortable in a dealership setting? Can you easily talk about cars and explain to others what they need to know about them in a way they can understand? If so, this may be the perfect opportunity for you! Dealer Specialties is looking for an enthusiastic Accounts manager. Vehicle Inspector with automotive knowledge who will support our dealership clients and provide outstanding, credible, and meticulous customer service. As a part of our exceptional team, the following are some of the most critical duties:
- Conduct inspections of vehicles at dealerships, auctions, and off-lease, to detect damage and missing parts.
- Prepare and submit a report of vehicle condition, repair/replacement cost estimates, and related documentation.
- Help the sales team up-sell services and products
- Interface regularly with our dealers to develop and ensure client satisfaction and build strong relationships.
- Travel to dealerships to inspect and conduct condition reports.
- Take multiple, overall, and damage photos, match them to a vehicle, and download them to the image server utilizing a smartphone.
- Report to the Market Manager and a team of field reps
What you will need
- Proven success to work independently with minimal supervision while working in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand customer needs and expectations.
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record required.
- Reliable transportation to travel to client sites and to and from home office.
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop or kneel, stand for a prolonged period of time.
- Ability to drive a manual & automatic transmission.
- Ability to visually and properly identify small defects around and underneath vehicles.
- Ability to work outside in the elements for extended periods of time.
Dealer Services Representative essential functions:
- Our Representatives enter vehicle information on the vehicle’s options and equipment, into a company-supplied laptop, take high-quality digital photographs with a company-supplied camera, print marketing materials, and then move to the next vehicle to repeat the process
- Communicate with dealership management daily regarding which vehicles need to be photographed
- Upload data and photographs collected to the home office for distribution via proprietary software
- Some product up-selling and new business prospecting in some areas is encouraged
- Action-oriented, customer focus, interpersonal savvy, comfort around management, integrity, and trust, priority setting, problem-solving, time management, listening, and organizing
- Other strengths include customer service skills, detail-oriented/precise eye for automotive photography, enjoy working outdoors, and work independently on your own, motivating yourself to get the job done in an excellent manner at all times
- A solid base of general automotive knowledge
- Route Sales or Field Service experience preferred
- Most of your day will be outdoors, photographing as many as 25 to 40 cars per day, with several pictures per vehicle
Dealer Service Representative requirements:
- Enjoy working outside at least 85% of the time
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and auto insurance
- Clean driving record and background
- Ability to identify vehicle makes, models and features
- Strong computer and digital camera skills (able to upload, download, attach files; minor equipment troubleshooting; basic Office suite knowledge)
- Available to work Saturdays when needed
What we will offer
- $16-$18/Hour wage with mileage reimbursement
- Full benefits package and PTO
- Professional training opportunities and upward mobility
- Upbeat Innovative Culture
- Tools provided to help you be successful
Dominion Enterprises (DE) is a privately held digital marketing, data services, and software services conglomerate offering client solutions through specific business units in several verticals including automotive, hospitality, franchise, real estate, advertising, and powersports. Our customers rely on our B2B products and services through Data One Software, DMS Vue, Activator, Dealer Specialties, Cross Sell, Alliant, DX1, Travel Media Group and Franchise Ventures business units. Headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia, approximately 1,000 employees work nationwide. We are proud of the collaborative, innovative, team-oriented work environments, excellent career enrichment opportunities, community service opportunities, competitive earnings, and comprehensive benefits package which includes a generous 401(k) plan. DE is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. DE is a drug-testing employer.