Senior Software Engineer
PrimeStreet seeks a Lead Software Engineer to join one of the fastest growing real estate technology companies in the country. The heart of our growth is enabled by embracing an inclusive environment, encouraging individual development, rewarding innovative excellence, and supporting our community.
We know that our success is due to our smart, talented team! As a full-time, permanent team member with a competitive benefits plan, you’ll be inspired to grow and prosper in a supportive culture where you can be creative, develop professionally, and stay on the forefront of technology.
PrimeStreet is independently owned by Dominion Enterprises, a company with a rich heritage and a bold entrepreneurial mission. As part of our team, you would be helping to seamlessly connect clients to their best real estate professionals and transform the US’s largest consumer industry.
We are looking for a candidate who is at ease working in an agile environment, embodies a passion for continuous improvement, and delivering data products that drive decision making.
This is a 100% remote position within the continental US working with our Norfolk, VA based team.
- Work with business stakeholders, product owners, developers, and data scientists to design and develop high-quality software and data architectures for batch and streaming data pipelines
- Responsible for end-to-end delivery of data products, from architecture and design to implementation to maintenance and growth that serve:
- Business intelligence and reporting
- Predictive algorithms and data mining
- Strategic and tactical research and analyses
- Identify, prioritize, and execute tasks in the data engineering development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Participate in code reviews and offer suggestions and guidance
- Collaborate across internal business teams and cross-functional stakeholders
- Actively coordinate efforts with other internal development team
- Highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products
- Guide, coach, and mentor data engineering and analytics team members
- Experience developing scalable, enterprise-level data services and applications using open source development libraries
- 6+ years of development experience including the ability to write expert-level, maintainable, and robust code using Python, SQL, and relational database.
- Experience with Java, shell scripting, and other languages is a plus
- 3+ years using source control (Git preferred)
- Comfortable with CI/CD pipelines using tools like Jenkins, TravisCI, or GitLab Runners
- Proficiency with Docker and deploying to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 3+ years with experience with AWS services, such as EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, Glue, Step Functions, Athena, and Redshift
- 4+ years designing, accessing, and maintaining data warehouses; developing and maintaining ETL pipelines & dimensional data modeling
- Experience troubleshooting and solving problems; identifying root causes, gaps and inconsistencies
- Ability to work independently and in a remote team environment, with occasional travel to meet with team members
- Ability to work in a complex, fast-paced environment while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Agile project development experience
- BS (required, 6+ years of experience) or Master’s degree (preferred, 3+ years of experience) in computer science, applied mathematics, engineering, operations research, or a related quantitative scientific field (e.g., economics, biological, or social sciences)
Dominion Enterprises (DE) is a leading digital marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple business verticals. Our customers rely on our B2B cloud SaaS solutions to establish their online and mobile brands, generate leads, and manage customer relationships through our Homes.com, Dominion Dealer Solutions, Dominion Business Solutions / DX1, Travel Media and Franchise and Business Opportunity divisions. Our B2C web and mobile applications include Homes.com, HotelCoupons.com, FranchiseOpportunities.com, FranchiseGator.com, Franchise.com, and BusinessBroker.net.
About 2,000 employees reside and work in our Norfolk, VA home office and in offices across the U.S. Our employees will tell you about our collaborative, innovative, team-oriented work environment, excellent career enrichment opportunities, community service opportunities, competitive earnings, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). DE is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. DE is a drug-testing employer.