Director of Registrar Operations
Requires in depth knowledge of the domain names industry!
Dominion Domains, a division of Dominion Enterprises, seeks an entrepreneurial-minded individual to lead its registrar operations. Dominion Enterprises is a leading marketing services company serving the wide-ranging needs of many industries including real estate, automotive, specialty vehicles, and marine. In 2012, Dominion made the strategic decision to invest in a new area of growth – the Top Level Domain (TLD) space. Dominion applied for, secured, and is now in the process of launching a portfolio of new TLD registries that includes .AUTOS, .BOATS, .HOMES, .MOTORCYCLES, and .YACHTS.
Dominion Domains is the registrar arm of our TLD business. The successful candidate will manage both the business and operational aspects of registrar. This is a unique start-up opportunity with the backing of a larger organization. You will be responsible for managing the registrar website including enhancement of functionality and user experience, defining and releasing value-added products, and driving growth in domain name volume and overall revenue. This individual will have experience developing clear strategic objectives, driving projects from vision through implementation, meeting revenue goals, and communicating progress. In this role you will be responsible for meeting all requirements that ICANN has established for registrar operators. The position is based in Norfolk, VA and reports to the division GM.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strategic plans and manage projects in support of independent and unique registrar businesses.
- Establish and meet performance indicators.
- Manage the registrar’s day-to-day business.
- Work with third party technology vendors to ensure efficient operations.
- Serve as a thought leader and key member of the gTLD team.
- Ensure full compliance relative to ICANN requirements.
- Identify and launch products that improve top and bottom line revenue in all relevant industry segments and geographies.
- Monitor domain name industry trends and ICANN policy to drive successful long term strategy and operation.
- Identify strategic partners and develop relationships to grow the business.
- Manage registrar expenses.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to fully engage with technical and non-technical teams to effectively manage expectations and resolve conflicts that balance customer, business, and corporate needs.
- Experience translating business strategy to operating plans for new businesses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A self-starter who excels in an unstructured, fast-paced environment.
- Strong working knowledge of ICANN processes, procedures, and requirements would be beneficial.
- Prior experience with registry or registrar operations is a plus.
- An innovative thinker who has a strong focus on both customer and quality with the ability to think beyond what has been done in the past to what could be possible.
- Ability to identify and communicate risks and make appropriate tradeoffs to achieve best possible outcomes.
- Proven leadership, time management and organizational skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to effectively manage changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and strong quantitative skills.
Education and Qualifications
- BA / BS degree required.
- A minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of the domain name industry.