Senior Application DBA
The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of our SQL Server Transaction Systems and Azure SQL Server Reporting Data Marts, ensuring their operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams. Must be capable of working both independently and collaboratively.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Manage Azure SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
- Independently perform root cause analysis of issues in real time, providing long term resolutions to resolve production issues.
- Design, test, implement, execute, and validate Structured Query Language (SQL) scripts to update or remove erroneous data from production systems against online application databases.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience required.
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle (Planning, Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing and Maintenance).
- 5+ years MS SQL Server/Azure SQL Server Administration experience required.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery model.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- Strong knowledge of SQL.
- 2+ years transaction and dimensional data modeling experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
- Knowledge of Version Control Systems (Git) and common collaborative development processes.
- Positive approach
- Creative problem solver
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Team player
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, flexible spending account. Coverage starts on the first day of the following month, after 30 days of employment
- 401k, matching up to 4%, after one year of employment
- Paid vacation, company holidays and sick leave
- Corporate discount opportunities
About Dominion Dealer Solutions
Dominion Dealer Solutions prides itself on providing the automotive industry’s most innovative technology. Products include native clouded dealer management system (VUE DMS), inventory management and merchandising (Dealer Specialties), vehicle data solutions (DataOne), vehicle registration reporting (Cross-Sell), and AI-powered customer intel platform for sales and service (Activator Dealer Solutions). Every OEM and more than 6,000 dealer partners depend on Dominion’s foundation of innovation, integrity, excellence and teamwork to deliver outstanding results.
Dominion Dealer Solutions Activator platform empowers dealers to dominate sales and service in the showroom and online, by tapping into multiple data sources beyond the DMS. It leverages smart technology to cleanse data, identify targets, reach customers and conquest opportunities that are actively looking to buy or service. With Activator, dealers can market seamlessly across critical customer touchpoints and positively impact their entire business and revenue using a single solution.
Dominion Enterprises (“DE”) is a leading digital marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple business verticals. Our customers rely on our B2B cloud SaaS solutions to establish their online and mobile brands, generate leads, and manage customer relationships through our Homes.com, Dominion Dealer Solutions, Dominion Business Solutions / DX1, Travel Media and Franchise and Business Opportunity, divisions. Our B2C web and mobile applications include Homes.com, HotelCoupons.com, FranchiseOpportunities.com, FranchiseGator.com, Franchise.com, and BusinessBroker.net. About 2,000 employees reside and work in our Norfolk, VA home office and in offices across the U.S. Our employees will tell you about our collaborative, innovative, team-oriented work environment, excellent career enrichment opportunities, community service opportunities, competitive earnings, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). DE is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. DE is a drug-testing employer.