Experienced Data Engineer
PrimeStreet seeks an Experienced Data Engineer to join one of the fastest growing companies in Coastal Virginia. In the past year, PrimeStreet has grown over 500%. Our growth is enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence, and supports our community. PrimeStreet is independently owned by Dominion Enterprises, a company with a rich heritage and a bold entrepreneurial mission.
The role will apply analytic rigor to develop and maintain the data and analytic infrastructure to support business intelligence (BI) reporting, predictive models, and strategic analyses. The successful candidate will be an experienced professional with strong technical skills and excellent business acumen. This position has a strong potential for advancement within the company. The ideal candidate has 2-5 years of experience building data pipelines in support of BI and advanced analytics product, plus demonstrable professional experience productionizing machine learning models to optimise business operations. The Experienced Data Engineer will collaborate with the Prime Street data science team members and serve as the leader of data engineering efforts for our growing analytics team. The Experienced Data Engineer will report directly to the Director of Data Science.
- Develop and administer standards for architecting and working with data management systems, as well as for deploying, monitoring, and maintaining machine learning models
- Ensure analytics systems meet business requirements and implement industry best practices
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data quality
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal ETL from a wide variety of data sources using SQL databases and AWS ‘big data’ services
- Extract, integrate, and analyze data from heterogeneous mix of data sources to support create insights and recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with data scientists and stakeholders from across the business (Sales, Strategy, Finance, Technology, and Business Development) to develop new information services to optimise business operations
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Work with data scientists and business stakeholders to develop, refine, and maintain statistical and machine learning models
- Productionize machine learning models and other data science products (e.g., A/B tests) to optimise business operations
- Recommend and implement different ways to constantly improve data reliability, quality, and disaster recovery procedures
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual process, optimizing data delivery, redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Create tools to improve access and confidence in data so that internal users can make data-driven decisions
- Mentor data science and tech team members
- Proficient at designing, accessing, and maintaining data stores, data feeds, and data processing tools: RDBMS, NoSQL, APIs, Kafka, Apache Spark, ELK stack
- Experience with AWS services: EC2, S3, Lambda, Glue, Athena, Redshift, etc.
- Proven experience deploying machine learning algorithms to production as a Data Engineer, Machine Learning Engineer, or similar role
- Proficiency using GitHub, Docker, Luigi/Airflow, Jenkins, Terraform
- Proficient in Python, shell scripting, Java (a plus), familiar with BI tools (e.g., Power BI, AWS QuickSight, Tableu, etc.)
- Proficient at writing high-quality and scalable code and integrating with version control systems
- Knowledge of statistical and data mining techniques including model evaluation/validation
- Enthusiasm for big data and translating data into actionable insights and demonstrable experience with big data technologies (with structured and unstructured data)
- Proficient at building robust data pipelines and delivering reliable data services to stakeholders
- Ability to work in a complex, fast-paced environment while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Agile project development experience is a plus
- Experience leading successful data engineering projects and operationalizing machine learning algorithms
- BS (required, 5+ years of experience) or Master’s degree (preferred, 3+ years of experience) in computer science, applied mathematics, engineering, operations research, or a related field
Dominion Enterprises (DE) is a leading digital marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple business verticals. Our customers rely on our B2B cloud SaaS solutions to establish their online and mobile brands, generate leads, and manage customer relationships through our Homes.com, Dominion Dealer Solutions, Dominion Business Solutions / DX1, Travel Media and Franchise and Business Opportunity divisions. Our B2C web and mobile applications include Homes.com, HotelCoupons.com, FranchiseOpportunities.com, FranchiseGator.com, Franchise.com, and BusinessBroker.net.
About 2,000 employees reside and work in our Norfolk, VA home office and in offices across the U.S.Â Our employees will tell you about our collaborative, innovative, team-oriented work environment, excellent career enrichment opportunities, community service opportunities, competitive earnings, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). DE is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. DE is a drug-testing employer.