We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team and build out the next generation of our platform. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms. We’re looking for someone with experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and big data technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development.
Responsibilities for Software Engineer
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
- Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
- Test software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, data engineers, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
Qualifications for Software Engineer
- Hands-on experience working with technologies like Hadoop, Map Reduce, Spark, Kubernetes, Kafka, Flume, etc.
- Strong DevOps focus and experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies like ansible, chef, puppet, etc.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 3-5 years of experience in B2B, has a BS degree in computer science or similar, and has experience with the following software/tools:
- Infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Monitoring technologies like Nagios, Ganglia, etc.
- Modern programming languages like Java, Python, etc.
- Building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Scripting languages like Perl, Shell, etc.
Our office is located in the heart of Downtown Norfolk, right in the middle of everything - shopping, arts, dining, entertainment and the river. Downtown Norfolk is compact, walkable, and easy to navigate and offers a vibrant culture. Also, Downtown garage parking is provided at no cost to employees. It’s the perfect location for this excellent opportunity and we want hire the perfect team to assist in the growth of a ground-breaking and innovative start-up!
What we Offer:
- Competitive pay along with monthly incentive opportunities
- Medical, Dental, Vision, flexible spending account. Coverage starts on the first day of the following month, after 30 days of employment
- 401k, matching up to 4%, after one year of employment
- 8 paid company holidays
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Corporate discount opportunities
- Training opportunities. Dominion Enterprises has been recognized the last 3 years in Training Magazine as having one of the Most Successful Learning & Development programs in the world