Automotive CRM Training Specialist
DOMINION DEALER SOLUTIONS
JOB DESCRIPTION Training Specialist
SUMMARY: As a Training Specialist, you work onsite with our automotive clients to introduce them to, and increase their overall knowledge of, Dominion CRM (automotive Customer Relationship Management) software. This road warrior position (90% travel) requires excellent communication skills and a high degree of both self-motivation and team collaboration to achieve objectives. You also work with other Training Team members to create documentation, assessments, etc., as well as provide webinar training sessions for our clients. Flexibility and great organizational skills come in handy with this exciting, fast paced position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Includes the following (other duties may be assigned):
Deliver professional on-site training sessions
- Provide group and individual instruction and training covering both introductory and advanced features of Dominion CRM
- Develop communication and positive relationships with clients
- Organize all details for training sessions, including preparing training tools and materials, making travel arrangements, and communicating training needs to all other departments as needed
- Adapt delivery to the audience by incorporating adult learning training techniques, monitoring participant progress, administering assessments, and evaluating attainment of learning objectives
- Evaluate client data for usage, identify deficits, and recommend corrective actions
- Document training visits for internal personnel, including dealer strengths, areas of focus, changes in process, technical issues, and requests
- Work within budgetary guidelines when booking travel, report expenses in a timely manner, and adhere to all corporate travel guidelines
Deliver professional Live Webinar and/or Additional onsite training sessions
- Provide additional training sessions for existing dealers as assigned and provide recaps of such training to other departments as needed
- Provide Live Webinar product training sessions using conferencing software and track client attendance
Work on specialized projects as needed/assigned
- Learn all new product updates and work on specific projects as required by the Training Management team
- Learn additional Dominion products to better support client base
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibility.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty consistently and satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: This position requires a minimum of a 4-year college degree, preferably in an educational, communication or software field. The educational requirements may be minimized if the candidate has an appropriate amount of experience comprised of at least two years of professional job experience, preferably in a formal software training position. Candidate must demonstrate an understanding of training and learning styles for both group and individual training. An understanding of Adult Learning theory, though not required, is preferred. Computer and internet skills to include high proficiency in Google software (Google Drive), Microsoft Office, and conferencing software (Google Hangout, Zoom, GoToMeeting). Knowledge of automotive dealership processes is a plus.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES, and REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 years of Automotive Experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, team and group communication, both verbal and written
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret email and written correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, internal customers, and external customers
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- High degree of flexibility
- Excels in customer service skills and quickly establishing interactive customer rapport
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently
- High level of initiative and problem-solving capabilities
- Advanced knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office products
- Must be multi-task oriented and be able to respond to changing priorities
- Must be able to respond quickly to changing situations
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must be able to provide evidence of current reliable transportation and automobile insurance, and valid driver’s license. Must successfully pass the Company's Driving Safety Program.
COMMON PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to travel with equipment (laptop, projectors, and speakers), work days that will typically exceed eight hours, and spend long hours standing/walking.
OTHER/COMMENTS: The duties described above are not inclusive. Additional duties may be required from time to time due to the need to respond to customers and to remain competitive in the marketplace.