Director Business Development (automotive)
Director Business Development - automotive
Career opportunity! Franchise automotive industry dealer software vendors relationship management expertise required - digital marketing, CRM, DMS...
The Dominion DMS Director, Business Development is responsible for establishing and managing the ongoing relationships for Automotive Software Vendors, who need access to bi-directional secure data integration with Dominion DMS, as prioritized by the business strategy. The relationship includes understanding current and future technology and services offerings the DMS Business has made available for integration, and driving a Data Services Revenue line. The end result for the client is increased satisfaction with Dominion DMS as a valued partner.
Key to this role is the ability to manage, influence internal and external client relationships as well as articulate the value of Dominion DMS in a changing and challenging marketplace and convey a deep understanding of our Vendor Partner’s business as well as a deep understanding of how dealers utilize the Partner and Dominion technology solutions. As a trusted advisor, you are the success leader and must provide your clients with a blueprint for their success as it relates to more efficient and satisfied dealers. In addition to the industry and business acumen needed for the role, the Director, should also possess a grasp of the competitive DMS market and how the Partner relationship can be leveraged to give Dominion DMS an advantage in the market.
The Director, works closely with the DMS Leadership team to drive the client relationship and ensures Dominion DMS / Partner relationship alignment with key decision makers and influencers in order to execute the overall DMS strategy. The Director, maintains strong internal working relationships with Sales, Marketing, Implementation, Product Management and Development teams in order to secure the resources and investment needed to drive success.
This is a significant opportunity to become part of an emerging team focused on an exciting Data Services Business within Dominion DMS, with the potential to help define the vision for how we grow and deliver for the future.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Automotive Industry Software Community business challenges and objectives in order to appropriately map solutions supported by Vendor Partner supported programs and associated business benefits to their needs.
- Build a process that brings new Vendor Partners and maintains existing contracts with emphasis on value and service.
- Serve as escalation point for issues that impact the Partners’ success--accountable for working with cross Dominion DMS teams to identify issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Coordinate activities across the organization to increase market share within Franchise Dealers
- Collect, organize and report on external data that impacts the Partner
- Evaluate and report on clients’ strategic business moves, including purchases, sales, and distribution
- Assist in launching go-to-market strategy for Partner Programs
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent; MBA or advanced degree preferred)
- Minimum 5-7 years relevant sales and/or partnership experience in the Automotive Industry (vendor and/or retail automotive experience required)
- Excellent dealer operations (acquisition to disposal) understanding and consultative skills expertise
- Deep knowledge of Data Services programs and Automotive Industry
- Expertise and experience managing large, complex accounts
- Executive-level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively navigate and immediate conflict and foster honest dialog
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Strong executive presence and polished communication skills
- Excellent problem solving capabilities
- Excellent project management capabilities
- Action oriented
- Ability to travel (approx. 50%)
Primary Location: Monroe, OH / Boca Raton, FL / Mobile, AL
About DDS Vue
Other industries have been able to deliver modern technology and processes that enhance the shopping experience; however, the majority of dealer management systems on the market today were developed before we lived in a society that leverages technology. Can your current dealer management system keep up with your dealership’s changing needs? The automotive industry is now catching up to other progressive industries thanks to Dominion VUE for franchised new car and light duty truck dealerships and dealer groups.
In order to succeed in today’s competitive automotive space, your dealership must possess a system that your employees and customers feel is up to today’s technology standards. Don’t risk your future on a dealer management software solution that was built 40 years ago. It is holding you back in more ways than you imagine. It’s time to transform your dealership from the inside out with Dominion VUE...the only built in the cloud, for the cloud WebDMS developed specifically for the U.S. new car dealership market.
The team that builds, deploys, and supports dealers at Dominion Dealer Solutions has one mission: to make dealers’ lives better. We strive to provide excellent products that empower dealers with the right solutions for their business challenges. As the digital environment changes, we are on the forefront, providing dealers with the best options for their businesses.
Dominion’s web-based customer relationship management (CRM) and dealer management system (DMS) solutions give car dealers a unique way to realize business efficiencies and productivity gains, unlike other software. Dealers can also enhance their business development and inventory effectiveness with Dominion’s extensive technology and service solutions. From digital advertising to reputation and social media management; and from data mining to inventory merchandising, Dominion’s automotive software offerings help over 10,000 dealers solve their marketing and business management challenges.
In addition, Dominion’s commitment to excellence extends to customer support and training. With options ranging from in-person training to recorded webinars, dealership staff can find the learning tools appropriate to their needs. Our Support department caters to dealers’ technical and software needs and usage questions – and is available via phone and email.