Business Analyst / Product Owner
Making Dealers' Lives Better!
Join Dealer Specialties, a division of Dominion Dealer Solutions. Dealer Specialties' robust suite of inventory products and services enable automotive dealers to take complete control of their inventory, from state-of-the-art photo, video, and inspection services, data collection, window labels, and online merchandising, to inventory pricing, and sourcing. Today’s automotive dealerships enjoy complete inventory management with Dealer Specialties. At Dealer Specialties, you will enjoy a relaxed, inclusive environment, where your hard work, dedication, and creativity are all recognized.
The Role of Business Analyst / Product Owner
As the Business Analyst / Product Owner, you will work with the Product Management team to elicit the needs and priorities of the business and represent the voice of the customer in funneling work to the Development team. You will be familiar with, and a subject matter expert for, all external and internal web and mobile applications. In addition, you will work with the Product Management team to:
- Lead the appropriate teams to refine, prioritize, and manage requirements using various tools (JIRA, Google Sheets, or other task management applications)
- Lead requirement gathering exercises with key stakeholders (sprint planning sessions, backlog refinements, product demos)
- Manage critical components of cross-team product roadmaps
- Define and resolve dependencies, issues, and risks and identify impacted areas through team collaboration
- Act as the liaison between the business units, technology teams, and support teams
- Break down medium to complex roadmap objectives into smaller projects, initiatives, or features
- Continuously develop expertise as subject matter expert in business areas to help facilitate their needs and requirements
- Help develop training materials and process improvements
- Maintain flexibility to perform multiple functions within the team
The Successful Business Analyst / Product Owner Will Have
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a Business Analyst / Product Owner role
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with all levels within the business
- Demonstrated experience with industry best practices and an understanding of different technologies
- Strong organizational, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to interact and work well within a cross-team environment
- Experience as a Business Analyst or Product Owner in Agile projects as well as Web and/or Mobile products
- Ability to think ahead to forecast issues and market changes and resolve challenges with the business, teams, vendors, partners, and Product Managers
Additional Preferred Skills
- Current Agile Certified Product Owner (CPO) certification
- Proficiency using JIRA to create and manage User Stories
- Proficiency using ProductPlan (or similar application) to manage product roadmaps
About Dominion Enterprises
Dominion Enterprises (DE) is a leading digital marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple business verticals. Our customers rely on our B2B cloud SaaS solutions to establish their online and mobile brands, generate leads, and manage customer relationships through our Homes.com, Dominion Dealer Solutions, Dominion Business Solutions / DX1, Travel Media and Franchise and Business Opportunity divisions. Our B2C web and mobile applications include Homes.com, HotelCoupons.com, FranchiseOpportunities.com, FranchiseGator.com, Franchise.com, and BusinessBroker.net.
About 2,000 employees reside and work in our Norfolk, VA home office and in offices across the U.S.A. Our employees will tell you about our collaborative, innovative, team-oriented work environment, excellent career enrichment opportunities, community service opportunities, competitive earnings, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). DE is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. DE is a drug-testing employer.