DevOps Engineer - Microsoft Azure
The DevOps Engineer is expected to work with the IT, QA, Development and Product teams to support our Dealer Management Services (DMS) and related applications. These applications are designed and developed for Azure Platform as a Service applications. The DevOps Engineer will have two primary responsibilities in this environment. The first being to deploy, administer, support, and troubleshoot our applications in Azure. The second being to guide the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for the environment, primarily the promotion and deployment of code thru the SDLC. This includes writing and managing all the automation and deployment scripts for this process.
Essential Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Compiling software and packaging builds using standard Microsoft tools
- Implementing smoke tests into the build process
- Work with developers to identify, debug, and resolve build or deployment issues
- Develop, manage and execute automation processes for the environment
- Manage and maintain all Azure resources
- Debug and troubleshoot performance issues of all applications
- Guide technical teams on best practices of the SDLC process
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- A team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills. Must have a service-oriented attitude with excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to work independently, self-motivated, and highly focused.
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment. Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple priorities.
- A strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and software development methodologies (requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools, version control, testing and QA, and deployment).
- Well-honed skills and expert understanding of Software Configuration Management (SCM). Ability to perform complex SCM tasks and ability to mentor or train others in the configuration management effort.
- Possesses expertise in one or more of the following or similar areas:
- Azure Platform and Infrastructure as a Service resources
- Azure DevOps (boards, pipelines, repos, test plans, artifacts)
- Windows Server administration and configuration knowledge
- Software engineering or programming
- Windows and PowerShell Scripting.
Dominion Dealer Solutions improves dealers’ lives by developing advanced technologies including reputation and social media management, responsive websites, digital advertising, SEO, SEM, multi-channel marketing, and custom market reports. Coupled with award-winning lead management, inventory merchandising, equity mining, customer relationship (CRM) and dealer management (DMS) solutions, Dominion redefines automotive retail by delivering first-class customer experiences for today’s automotive dealerships. Based in Norfolk, Virginia, every OEM and more than 10,000 U.S. dealers depend on Dominion’s foundation of innovation, integrity, excellence, and teamwork to provide them with results at every turn. For more information, visit our website, like us on Facebook, or YouTube, or follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
Dominion Enterprises (DE) is a leading digital marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple business verticals. Our customers rely on our B2B cloud SaaS solutions to establish their online and mobile brands, generate leads, and manage customer relationships through our Homes.com, Dominion Dealer Solutions, Dominion Business Solutions / DX1, Travel Media and Franchise and Business Opportunity divisions. Our B2C web and mobile applications include Homes.com, HotelCoupons.com, FranchiseOpportunities.com, FranchiseGator.com, Franchise.com, and BusinessBroker.net. About 2,000 employees reside and work in our Norfolk, VA home office and in offices across the U.S.A. Our employees will tell you about our collaborative, innovative, team-oriented work environment, excellent career enrichment opportunities, community service opportunities, competitive earnings, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). DE is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. DE is a drug-testing employer.