Experienced UI Developer
As an Experienced Front-End Web Developer, your responsibilities will include working with the User Interface Design and Engineering Team, developing rich user interfaces and UI components for our enterprise-level Software as a Service (SaaS) applications, and providing valuable input on establishing policies and documenting guidelines for development methodologies in the UI. A primary mission of this position is to be a driving force behind creating consistency in our DominionVUE UI; not just from the standpoint of “look and feel” but function as well. In addition, you will be able to clearly communicate your ideas both verbally and on “paper” and both openly and honestly provide and receive regular input from your peers. While teamwork is of the utmost importance, you can also work independently with minimal supervision, and take the initiative to constantly keep yourself engaged. You never settle for second best. You possess a strong focus on quality and attention to detail and display the ability to quickly understand and solve unique and even undocumented programming problems. Naturally curious, you have a penchant for and drive to quickly learn and master skills in new technologies.
As part of the DMS team, you have a unique opportunity to join an exciting, dynamic and closely-interactive group of people, whose focus is to power the tools that run car dealerships and create robust browser-based user interface functionality, using the latest developments in front-end technology. This position will be responsible for working with interaction architects and other front end engineers to implement the web experience.
- At least 3 years of experience working with web standards, CSS-driven layouts and a master of the DOM
- Expert knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- At least 3 years of experience working with CSS pre-processor such as SASS, LESS, etc
- Experience with source/version control like Git using Github or AzureDevOps
- At least 3 years of experience working with responsive design patterns
- At least 3 years of experience developing cross-platform/browser compatible production-ready solutions
- At least 3 years of experience using web applications and templating engines.
- Ability to follow technical specifications and production processes
- Ability to adjust graphics and create/optimize graphics assets as needed to complete templates
- Ability to produce polished wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Experience with .NET compatible markup, Accessibility, Usability, Mobile
- Team player who is comfortable checking others' work and being peer-reviewed, as well as sharing knowledge with team members as needed
- Evaluate, recommend, and customize tools & techniques used by the team
- Design acumen with a good eye for aesthetics and detail; can faithfully convert design specifications into functional UI solutions
- Understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, teamwork, organization and communication skills
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of experience developing enterprise level sites
- URL samples, and a Web project portfolio a highly considered plus
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in a Design discipline or equivalent experienceAbout DE
Dominion Enterprises (DE) is a leading digital marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple business verticals. Our customers rely on our B2B cloud SaaS solutions to establish their online and mobile brands, generate leads, and manage customer relationships through our Homes.com, Dominion Dealer Solutions, Dominion Business Solutions / DX1, Travel Media and Franchise and Business Opportunity divisions. Our B2C web and mobile applications include Homes.com, HotelCoupons.com, FranchiseOpportunities.com, FranchiseGator.com, Franchise.com, and BusinessBroker.net.
About 2,000 employees reside and work in our Norfolk, VA home office and in offices across the U.S. Our employees will tell you about our collaborative, innovative, team-oriented work environment, excellent career enrichment opportunities, community service opportunities, competitive earnings, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). DE is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. DE is a drug-testing employer.