The ideal candidate for this position will be excited about code and relish the opportunity to stay up to date with the web development community. They won’t be reluctant to receive or afraid to give feedback and contribute to the continuous improvement of our product and organization. They will produce high-quality, unit-tested and sensible code that they can explain in terms of functionality and the impact it has on infrastructure. Join Us. Achieve. Be Recognized
- Contribute to “dev-ops” initiatives
- Work as part of a dynamic and professional Agile development environment
- Have the opportunity to work full stack
- 4-7 years or more of programming experience, preferably in a commercial environment
- Experience programming in Front End technologies, such as HTML, CSS & ReactJS
- Solid understanding of RESTful web services
- Search stores (elastic search / solr)
- Demonstrated full stack web development ability
- Familiarity with Linux / Rabbitmq / haproxy is a bonus
- Professional programming experience
- Experience with Git or comparable version control
- Developing in a server-side language (Node.js, PHP, Coldfusion, Ruby, Java, etc.)
- Experience with MongoDB, Lucene Solr, or a NoSQL equivalent
- Live or be willing to relocate within commuting distance of our home office in Norfolk, VA
- Understanding of functional programming paradigm a big plus
Homes.com offers today’s demanding home buyers, renters and those somewhere in between a simply smarter home search. With features like Homes.com Match, HomeShare and Snap & Search, homeshoppers now have a more personalized way to search for their next home. Since its launch over 25 years ago, Homes.com offers real estate professionals brand and property advertising, search engine marketing and instant response lead generation to help them succeed online. For more information, visit Homes.com.
About Dominion Enterprises:
Dominion Enterprises (“DE”) is a leading digital marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple business verticals. Our customers rely on our B2B cloud SaaS solutions to establish their online and mobile brands, generate leads, and manage customer relationships through our Homes.com, Dominion Dealer Solutions, Dominion Business Solutions / DX1, Travel Media and Franchise and Business Opportunity divisions. Our B2C web and mobile applications include Homes.com, HotelCoupons.com, FranchiseOpportunities.com, FranchiseGator.com, Franchise.com, and BusinessBroker.net.
About 2,000 employees reside and work in our Norfolk, VA home office and in offices across the U.S. Our employees will tell you about our collaborative, innovative, team-oriented work environment, excellent career enrichment opportunities, community service opportunities, competitive earnings, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). DE is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. DE is a drug-testing employer.